Welcome to Nashville: Private Walking Tour with Johnny Cash Museum
Experience the best of Nashville on this private 3-hour walking tour, and discover the “Songwriting Capital of the World’ which attracts musicians from all over the globe to hone their craft and share their passion.
On your private walking tour of Nashville, you will:
- Begin your tour with a stroll through Bicentennial Capitol Mall and the Tennessee State Capitol, where your guide will give you the history of the state, and the way being the capital has impacted Nashville's development;
- Discover the incredible backstories of all American musicians who have called and still call Nashville home-like Dolly Parton, Johnny Cash, and Taylor Swift;
- Visit the Music City Walk of Fame and enjoy insider tales about Grammy-award-winning country music artists;
- Walk down Honky Tonk Highway, a stretch of Broadway in Nashville lined with honky-tonk bars, live music venues, restaurants, and souvenir shops;
- See Tootsies Orchid Lounge, a legendary honky-tonk bar popular spot for both locals and visitors which has been around since 1960;
- Visit the Ernest Tubb Record Shop, known for its wide selection of country, bluegrass, and gospel music;
- Stop at one of the many spots with all-day live music, and get recommendations to get your own pair of cowboy boots for line-dancing!;
- End your tour at the Johnny Cash Museum, where your guide will part with you so you can enjoy the city's best-curated museums at your own pace and learn about the singer whose music continues to be played around the world.
On your three-hour walking tour of Nashville, you will discover how music forms a common thread throughout Nashville’s communities, binding the life and soul of the city and its people.
Your guide will talk to you about how the growth of Nashville’s music publishing sector in the 1800s helped prompt the deluge of popular artists visiting Nashville in the mid-1900s to play the Ryman Auditorium, including Sandra Bernhardt, Louis Armstrong, John Philip Sousa and Nat King Cole.
Learn about the music stars who have made Music City their permanent home, including the band members from the Kings of Leon, Justin Timberlake, The Black Keys, Keith Urban, Michael McDonald, Keb’ Mo’, Sheryl Crow, Paramore, Hot Chelle Rae, and Jack White.
As you walk, there will be numerous opportunities to hear the live music for which the city is known, and your guide will take you to a local hotspot where you can rest your legs and enjoy a drink and a light snack before continuing on your tour of Music City.
Your tour will finish at the Johnny Cash Museum (tickets included), where you can enjoy learning about the life of this legend, whose complex story is woven throughout his music.
Throughout the tour, your expert guide will share fascinating stories and insights into Nashville's culture, music, and history. Don't miss this opportunity to experience the best of Music City!