Miami's Little Havana Private Food Tour
Discover Miami’s vibrant Little Havana neighbourhood with its colourful murals, lively music, and authentic Cuban influence on this delicious 2.5-hour cultural and food tasting experience. On your private tour you will:
- Enjoy the personalized attention of your private guide.
- Take a fascinating history and food tour of Miami’s Little Havana.
- Enjoy the colours and sounds of this vibrant neighbourhood, including beautiful murals, the famed painted roosters, live music, and delicious Latin American food!
- Learn all about Little Havana, from the first waves of Cuban Immigration to the present day and its’ melting pot of Latin American cultures and cuisine.
- Taste a range of delicious authentic Cuban food, including a pastelito, a Cuban sandwich, a mojito and a Cuban coffee.
- Learn how cigars are rolled with a demonstration in a family-owned shop.
- Taste a delicious Mexican taco from a local “hole in a wall” restaurant: the best tacos in Miami!
- End the tour with a Puerto Rican staple plantain dish accompanied by a taste of Rum Coquito - made in-house.
- Enjoy an orientation tour of this lively area, as well as enough food for a whole meal!
- N.B: The tour lasts for two and a half hours and all tastings are included in the tour price.
Explore the vibrant area of Little Havana in Miami on this fabulous private tour around the famous Calle Ocho (8th Street). You’ll enjoy several tastings at authentic cafes, street food vendors and ‘hole-in-the-wall’ bars, as well as learn all about the fascinating history and cultural evolution of Little Havana. You’ll even see a cigar rolling demonstration!
Your 2.5-hour tour begins with meeting your expert private guide at the statue of Cuba’s national hero, Jose Marti, the Cuban political activist, poet and philosopher. You’ll be greeted with a Guava and Cream Cheese Pastelito to start with, a traditional sweet pastry to enjoy as your guide introduces the tour.
Learn about tensions between Castro and JFK as you pass the monument to the Bay of Pigs, hear about the different waves of immigration at the statue of Nestor Izquierdo, and later as you visit the amazing Rooster Alley with its famous street art and the vast mural of the rooster by Medelin Perez Noa, the symbol of Little Havana.
Little Havana is also famed for its blended religion. You’ll see the statue of the Virgin Mary beneath a Ceiba tree, representing a blend of Catholic saints and traditions from the West African Yoruba religion of Santeria. The worship of Orishas, like Oshun, is still commonplace in Little Havana.
Stopping by the Walk of Fame – honouring artists like Gloria Estefan and Celia Cruz, it’s time for a yummy taco al pastor! Tacos are famous Mexican street food, al pastor meaning ‘shepherd style’. The Latin influence in Little Havana is undeniable – with Spanish being spoken everywhere, including on radios and in the newspapers! Visit the Maximo Gomez Park, fondly known as Domino Park where you’ll see many locals playing Dominos, a favourite Cuban game, then stop for a traditional Cuban sandwich, washed down with a mojito at a favourite, family-run Cuban bar with lots of history.
Wander past the historic Tower Theatre towards the Cuba Tobacco Company run by the Bello family for over 100 years, where you’ll be greeted warmly with a Cuban coffee to watch an amazing cigar rolling demonstration, with time for souvenir shopping too!
Your last stop will be at the famous Ice-Cream shop located in the heart of Miami's Little Havana neighbourhood. You will have a chance to try the secret recipe of a Cuban grandmother.
After a deliciously filling and fascinating tour, your guide will help you get to where you want to go next – whether that is back to your hotel or to continue exploring the art galleries of Little Havana!