Private Biking Tour from Santa Monica to Venice Boardwalk
While Los Angeles may be synonymous with car culture, one of the best ways to experience the city is on two wheels. Explore the ocean front on a bike path and take it all in as the wind whips gently around you, with the sun at your back. Along the way, you will have ample opportunity to lock your bike, grab a bite to eat, and explore some of this gorgeous area of L.A. on foot. On your private, 5-hour biking tour, you will:
- Meet your guide at Joy Ride Bike Rentals to be fitted with your bike for the tour, near the original Muscle Beach in Santa Monica.
- Ride to the iconic Santa Monica Pier, where you will stop for a break and photo ops.
- Continue riding along the beach and take in the amazing views.
- Stop at the Venice Canals, where you will leave your bike for a short walking tour of the canals.
- Ride to the giant public art “declaration,” and park your bike once again to explore the Venice Boardwalk.
- Enjoy the boardwalk on foot, with its street performers, body builders, great shops and eateries, and all the eclectic, colourful chaos that makes the boardwalk one of the world’s top tourist attractions.
- Explore the Venice Public Art Walls, either by bike or on foot.
- End the tour by returning the bike to Joy Ride Bike Rentals.
You will have the opportunity to eat at either the affordable Baja Cantina or other food stops along Washington Blvd, and walk the Venice canals (bikes are not allowed on the canals.) The canals make up six waterways forming a grid, with three residential islands among them, taking you past gorgeous L.A. architecture. Explore L.A.’s famous beaches the way they were meant to be seen! This is a family-friendly way to see the highlights of Santa Monica and Venice. It is an easy 6-mile, round trip tour on flat, paved bike paths and boardwalks.
Please note: we recommended wearing close-toed shoes, and dressing in layers.