Temecula Valley Private Wine Tasting Day Trip from LA
Just 90 minutes south of LA is Southern California's wine country: the Temecula Valley. Though vineyards have been in the region for over 200 years, the modern history of winemaking dates back to 1968. On your private day trip, you will:
- Enjoy hotel pickup from your downtown Los Angeles hotel and relax on your way to wine country.
- Learn about the history of the valley and its grapes - including Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Syrah, and Viognier.
- Visit two wineries for all-inclusive tastings where you will enjoy a mix of white and red wines.
- Stop for lunch at one of the wineries, where great meals are assured. Your guide will drop you off after your first tasting and pick you up in time for your second tasting. Please note: the cost of lunch is not included.
- Visit additional wineries, if interested, where you can pay locally for tastings.
- Enjoy an easy trip back into the city with hotel drop-off by your driver-guide.
Temecula Valley is significantly warmer than the majority of California's other wine countries - with a Mediterranean climate, perfect for growing grapes for white wines. In recent years, several producers have also become known for their reds, especially their Syrahs - so whether you are a white or red drinker, the valley has spectacular wines to offer during your tastings.
If you're wondering about how to dress for this tour, the simple answer is smart casual. While wine tasting tends to be an upscale luxury experience, Temecula is a very relaxed part of the state. Dressy jeans are very appropriate. Men's jackets are not necessary. Women's attire during the daytime is sundresses, or jeans with a blouse, jumper or blazer. Dress for variable weather, as the climate in Temecula is hot in the summer and cool throughout the rest of the calendar year. You will be able to leave items in the vehicle, so please feel free to dress in layers.