Private Hike to Mt Hollywood
Nothing says “quintessential L.A.” quite like an invigorating hike to up to Mt. Hollywood with unprecedented views of the city and other landmarks. On this private guided hike, slowly ascend up the famous Mt. Hollywood where you will learn the history of the area and gain insight into why it has influenced so many incredible artists over the last 100 years. During your private 3 to 4-hour hiking tour, you will:
- Meet your guide at Merry Go Round, the historic carousel built in 1926 by the Davis family
- Stop at the Joe Klass water stop, and learn about this prolific L.A. sign painter
- Hike to the 2nd tallest point in Griffith Park for one of the best views (on a clear day) of downtown Los Angeles, the Pacific Ocean and the Hollywood sign on Mt. Lee just to the west
- Get a photo opportunity at the Griffith Park helipad, with picture-perfect views of downtown L.A.
- Get to Dante’s View Point, where you can take another break to enjoy the garden
- Retrace your steps and hike back to the starting point
The Griffith Park helipad is one of the most popular film sites in Los Angeles. Bask in the glory of one of the best views of the entire city – it’s why it has been the site often seen in commercials. The garden at Dante’s View Point was created by Dante Orgolini, a Brazilian journalist and artist whose favorite pastime was hiking every trail of this area, and was a major inspiration for the garden. This is a 3.1-mile one-way hike, which takes about 1 hour 20 minutes to ascend (depending on the hiking speed of the group). Bring your own refillable water bottle (we recommend a minimum of 1L). There is a stop to refill on water, if needed, though we recommend bringing ample water in case the city has shut off the fountain for reasons unexplained (welcome to LA!). Light snacks are included, such as hummus, pita chips, apples and bananas.