The Best of Los Angeles: Private Full-Day Highlights Driving Tour
The City of Angels enjoys a stunning location: set within a broad basin, backdropped by vast mountain ranges, dark-green forests, desert sands and the beautiful beaches of the Pacific Coast. The "City of Angels" flourished into a world-famous entertainment industry throughout the twentieth century, as people and businesses alike moved to the city to be a part of the magic - and Hollywood was born.
On your private full-day driving tour, you will:
- Enjoy spectacular views over Los Angeles from Griffith Park and pop into the Griffith Observatory;
- Venture down to Hollywood Boulevard, and stroll along the Walk of Fame, passing both the Dolby Theatre and TCL Chinese Theatre;
- Snap pictures of the iconic Hollywood sign;
- Continue along Sunset Strip, and walk by the Viper Room and Chateau Marmont;
- Refuel yourself at La Brea Farmers Market;
- Cruise through the highlights of Beverly Hills, such as The Playboy Mansion and Rodeo Drive- the best place in LA to see and be seen;
- Unwind at the Santa Monica Pier amusement park;
- End your tour by relaxing at Venice Beach and Muscle Beach as the sun sets over the Pacific.
Your adventure begins with a bird's eye view of a city that has been described as 500 miles wide and one mile deep. Should you fancy, pop into the Griffith Observatory (please note, the observatory is closed on Mondays).
Next venture down to Hollywood Boulevard, where the Walk of Fame, the Dolby Theatre and of course the beautiful TCL Chinese Theatre await you. The concrete blocks in the famous forecourt bear the hand and footprints of film legends.
Find the prints of your favourite star, and then ask your guide to snap a shot of you with the iconic 'Hollywood' sign in the hills behind you. Then meander down the Sunset Strip where you happen past iconic places like the Viper Room and Chateau Marmont.
Enjoy your lunch (food not included in price) stopping at The Grove & Farmer’s Market, an LA institution where more than 100 produce stalls and restaurants cater for every conceivable foodie whim, from nutritious Californian superfood salads to gourmet burgers, man-sized steaks and fajitas.
In this luxury district, you will see famous locations including the Greystone Mansion and the Beverly Wilshire Hotel, where the classic ‘Pretty Woman’ was filmed. You may even have the chance to grab a quick glance at the Playboy Mansion, Rodeo Drive, and the famous palm-tree-lined streets.
A trip to the Californian coast will give you time to unwind before our final stop. Enjoy some rides at the Santa Monica Pier amusement park and then soak up the Bohemian vibes of Venice Beach.
There’s never a dull moment on the boardwalk, where you’ll see the colourful locals and the famous Muscle Beach.