Private Walking Tour of Denver
Not only is Denver home to many an outdoor adventurer, with gorgeous natural scenery all around, the city itself is booming with culture. It is a mountainous metropolis offering the visitor her many diverse faces. Get an intimate look inside local Denver life and discover the unique history. With the Rocky Mountains as a backdrop, this walking tour captures what it truly means to call this place home. During your private, 3-hour tour of Denver, you will:
- Meet your guide at the Colorado State Capitol building, where you will discuss Denver’s important role in local government.
- Visit Unsinkable Molly Brown House – a gorgeous Victorian Mansion and museum, once home to Margaret “Molly” Brown – a socialite and philanthropist who was also a survivor of the Titanic sinking of 1912.
- Pay a visit to the Denver Art Museum – the shining star of Denver’s prolific museum scene.
- See the US Mint – one of the major places in the U.S. where money is printed – and destroyed.
- Stand alongside the Big Blue Bear – visit one of Denver’s most whimsical (and largest) pieces of artwork.
- Visit Union Station – a glorious behemoth of a building that is not only a train station, but a great place to dine and shop.
- See Coors Field – an iconic structure in its own right, and home to the Colorado Rockies baseball team.
- End the tour with a tasty snack and a pint of craft beer at a local Denver hangout.
With a lively craft beer and food scene, Denver appeals to all types of visitors and not just the outdoor types. Your private tour will give you a well-rounded look into the many swatches that make up the fabric of this great Rocky Mountain city. From the striking façade of the Denver Art Museum, to the gigantic blue bear holding up the convention centre building, this tour will give you a true taste of what makes Denver such a glorious destination.
Please note: on the tour, you will walk a total of 2.5 miles, so please dress appropriately for the weather.