Private Walking Tour of Boston Freedom trail, Paul Revere House & Boston Public Market Visit
As the cultural capital of Massachusetts, Boston is one of the oldest municipalities in the USA, whose past recalls revolution and progression, and today the city remains powered by forward-thinking as a leader in arts, academia, literature, innovation, and entrepreneurship. To sightsee Boston is to visit a city that is one sprawling, historical outdoor museum, and playground. On your private tour, you will:
- Begin your tour in Boston Common - a resplendent green space and the oldest public recreation place in the country - perfect for trouncing through, and equally magical when coated in snow.
- Walk the Freedom Trail - where sixteen of Boston’s most historical landmarks strung together by a 2.5 mile walking trail of museums, churches, meeting houses, burial grounds, and historic markers
- Visit the Granary Burying Ground where you’ll see the final resting place of the famed Sam Adams, John Hancock, Paul Revere, and more.
- Briefly step off the Freedom trail to visit Boston Public Market and taste fresh cider snacks from Boston's very own Red Apple Farm (light snack included).
- Tour inside Paul Revere house, the colonial home of the American patriot during the American Revolution and a National Historic Landmark since 1961 (tickets included).
- Your tour ends in the north end, where you will catch a glimpse of the USS constitution, famed to have defeated five British warships in the War of 1812.
In a few hours, your private highlights tour, see the major sights and attractions of the city, including Boston Public Market and Paul Revere’s home (with tickets included). First, begin your tour in Boston Common, the oldest green public space in America, dating from 1634.
Across the road, the Massachusetts State House, the grandiose structure that is the seat of government for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, holds court over Beacon Hill where your tour continues. Enjoy the centuries-old cobblestone roads and federalist homes which make this neighborhood one of Boston’s most photographed.
Then, continue down the Freedom Trail to the home of silversmith and the man who took America’s most famous horse-ride. Visit Paul Revere’s home along the trail, and visit the Granary Burying Ground, where several founding fathers are laid to rest.
Your tour continues with a visit to Boston Public Market, where you will enjoy a true Bostonian treat, included in your tour. After, your guide will happily point you in the best direction of the best lobster rolls to try on your own. Your tour finishes in the North End, where your guide will tell you the story of the USS Constitution, before leaving you with ample knowledge for how to continue enjoying your day.
Covid 19 update: Please note the Paul Revere House is currently not accepting timed entry reservations. On the day of the tour, if there is an unusually long line to enter the house, your guide will give you information from the outside and take you to visit another one of his/her/their favorite spots. Your tour will end back at the house where your guide will purchase your entrance tickets, and you can visit the house at your own leisure.