Bibury and Stow-on-the-Wold Private Day Trip
When one thinks of quintessential Old England, with its cute-as-a-button thatched houses, windowsills of flowers and cobblestone streets, one no doubt envisions exactly the look of the charming towns of the Cotswolds. Unabashedly pretty, follow your private guide as they lead you through quaint cottages and quiet backwaters.
On your private tour of the Cotswolds, you will:
- Be met by your driver/guide at your accommodation in Bath, with return trip.
- Drive along the old Roman roads through the South Cotswolds into Bibury, one of its most picturesque villages.
- Visit one of Bibury’s favourite spots, Arlington Row, a group of ancient cottages dating back to the 16th century.
- Journey on to Bourton-on-the-Water, described as the ‘Little Venice’ of the Cotswolds. It straddles the river Windrush and has a series of elegant low bridges beside pristine tree-shaded tidy stone banks.
- Drive four miles down the road to the idyllic market town of Stow-on-the-Wold. This is the quintessential Cotswolds town, with its grand manors and gardens, ancient woodlands and rolling hills.
- Wander around Stow and grab a traditional pub lunch (price not included) in the square at The Queens Head.
For this whirlwind tour of the gorgeous Cotswolds, you will experience a fully guided tour, with live commentary on board an air-conditioned luxury vehicle by your driver and guide. Included in the package is bottled water, and infant seats upon request (if advised at time of booking.) Gratuities and pub lunch are not included. Please note that we operate in all weather conditions, and will be spending a considerable amount of time outdoors, so dress appropriately. And don’t forget your camera!