Markets and Masterpieces: Private Full Day Highlights Tour inc Tickets
This full-day walking tour give you a taste of the culture, beauty, and history of Amsterdam.
- Begin your tour exploring the comprehensive Van Gogh Museum
- Learn about Dutch art history at the Rijksmuseum
- Pop to the popular shopping district of Nieuw Spiegelstraat to buy gifts and antiques
- Grab a bite to eat nearby the Flower Market (food not included in price)
- Visit the enchanting courtyard of Begijnhof
- Take a short walk to the 17th century Westerkerk Church
- Explore the boutiques and cafes at Nine Streets
- Walk past Anne Frank's House and learn about the Second World War
- Conclude your tour in the trendy neighbourhood of the Jordaan District
You will begin your tour exploring the must-see Van Gogh Museum, with the most comprehensive collection of his works in the world. You will also pay a visit to the beautiful Rijksmuseum, which holds over one million objects chronicling Dutch history from 1200 to the present day. You will then head to the nearby popular shopping district of Nieuw Spiegelstraat- a centre for beautiful Dutch antiques and pottery as well as for thoroughly modern design. A short stop at the world famous Flower Market is an absolute must, where you will grab a bite to eat at a local vendor and perhaps buy some colourful and fragrant tulips.
A Few Hidden Gems
You will also get to experience some of the hidden gems of Amsterdam, including a visit of the Spui Square where local booksellers and artists vie for your attention, as well as a visit to the enchanting courtyard of Begijnhof- a place of quiet sanctuary in the heart of Amsterdam. You will also explore the picturesque Nine Streets with its myriad independent boutiques and beautiful cafes. From here it is a short and utterly worthwhile journey to the 17th century Westerkerk Church with its impressive 85m high tower.
From here you will pass the iconic Anne Frank’s House, where you will spend some time with your expert guide hearing about the tragic history of Amsterdam’s Jewish community during the Second World War.
You will end your tour with a stroll around the beautiful Jordaan District, traditionally a rather poor neighbourhood, attracting amazing artists and poets, including Rembrandt and the famous 17th century Dutch writer Joost van den Vondel. Jordaan is now a bustling centre of creativity, full of young artists, entrepreneurs and trendy students taking their coffee in the myriad trendy cafes and restaurants. Are you ready for Amsterdam?