Rome Catacombs, Appian Way and Aqueducts Private Golf Cart Tour
This tour will whisk you away to the cobbled lanes and idyllic fields of the Italian countryside. On your private tour, you will:
- Enjoy pick-up in central Rome and a panoramic drive past the iconic Colosseum, Roman Forum, Arch of Constantine, Circus Maximus and Imperial Palaces on the Platine Hill
- Drive the iconic Appian Way - the immaculately preserved ‘Roman Queen of Roads’
- Visit the Roman Catacombs (tickets and tour included)
- Follow a trail of Rome’s beautiful Roman aqueducts - the city’s lesser-known treasures.
- Venture off the beaten track to discover ruins, relics and curiosities hidden from the eye.
- Enjoy the personalised attention of a private tour guide
- Combine the intimacy of a walking tour with the comfort of a driving tour
Hop on a golf cart with your own expert guide. Your experience starts with a pick-up in central Rome and a panoramic drive past the iconic Colosseum, Roman Forum, Arch of Constantine, Circus Maximus and Imperial Palaces on the Platine Hill, before you embark on an adventure across the less travelled side of beautiful Rome - the majestic Appian Way. At one time the most important road in the Roman Empire, immaculately preserved, it rolls from Central Rome to the beautiful hills and fields of the neighbouring countryside (and eventually all of the way to the City of Brindisi). Sided by sleepy churches, farmhouses and crumbling Roman ruins, it is a truly magical picturesque route.
You will stop at one of Rome's ancient catacombs to explore the network of underground tunnels and then drive out to the city’s remaining visible network of aqueducts. Once the pride of Roman engineering, these wonders transported water over long distances to towns and cities, providing the means to construct complex sewage and irrigation systems as well as baths, amongst other things.
Your experience ends with drop-off back in central Rome.