Explore Milan in a Day: Private Full-Day Tour including Sforzesco Castle
Explore the many cultural and architectural highlights of Milan, and learn about its long and varied history from a humble village in the 6th century BC to an important Renaissance stronghold, to the modern financial and fashion centre of Italy today.
On your private full-day tour, you will:
- See the famous Teatro Alla Scala, one of the world's oldest and most famous theatres;
- Walk along the iconic Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, with its luxury fashion shops and the famous quadrilatero della moda;
- Pick up invaluable recommendations, advice, and tips on finding the best, local food as you explore highlights and off-the-beaten-track side streets;
- Stop for photos at the famous Duomo, Milan’s stunning centrepiece;
- Visit the Chiesa San Satiro, known for its false apse, an architectural optical illusion, attributed to Donato Bramante;
- Wander through Piazza degli Affari and hear about the meaning of Il Dito sculpture;
- Learn all about modern life in Milan while taking in the atmosphere and the beauty of this vibrant city;
- Admire the Chiesa di San Maurizio al Monastero Maggiore with stunning frescos that often go missed by tourists;
- Enjoy a Lunch break at one of the best city spots! - Lunch not included
- Enter the famous Sforzesco Castle, once the residence of Royalty and enjoy a guided tour of the courtyards and the Museum;
- See the last incomplete work by Michelangelo, the Pietà, a meditation on death and the salvation of the soul.
Experience the vibrant atmosphere, stunning architecture, palaces, museums, mansions, churches, modern shopping galleries, and the beautiful parks at the heart of Milan, Italy’s most fashionable city on this full-day tour of the city highlights.
Milan began as a humble 6th-century Celtic village and grew into one of Italy’s most prosperous cities. While it is a large city, the highlights are easily navigable on foot, on this full-day walking tour with your private guide. Experience both modern Milan, with its financial district, and fashionable shopping in the dazzling Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II - home to the major fashion houses like Gucci and Versace, Armani and Ferragamo, as well as its venerable history, from castles to churches and old market squares.
Stop outside the Duomo for some holiday snaps – the famous centre point of the city with its Gothic-style spires, and an astonishing cathedral that took over 600 years to complete.
Visit the historic Piazza Mercanti – the medieval hub of the city where swords and suits of armour could be bought and sold. It is surrounded by several grand old buildings which your guide will introduce you to Palazzo della Ragione, Palazzo delle Scuole Palatine, Palazzo dei Giureconsulti, Casa dei Panigarola & Loggia degli Osii.
End your tour with a private guided tour of the iconic Sforzesco Castle including the courtyards and the Museum . Admire the last incomplete work by Michelangelo, the Pietà and other renowned artists such as Leonardo Da Vinci.
Please note that some rooms at Sforzesco Castle might be closed due to restorations.