Full Day Highlights of Milan with Da Vinci’s The Last Supper Private Tour
Explore the fashionable Italian city of Milan with its splendid castles, churches and of course the Duomo, on this full-day private tour. Experience the vibrant atmosphere of the fashion district and enjoy a guided tour of the Poldi Pezzoli Museum, with tickets to see the iconic fresco of The Last Supper by Da Vinci. On your private tour you will:
- Enjoy the personal attention and expert insights of your private guide.
- Explore the many cultural and architectural highlights of Milan, and learn about its long and varied history from a humble village in the 6th century BC to an important Renaissance stronghold, to the modern financial and fashion centre of Italy today.
- Admire the Sforzesco Castle, a medieval fortification dating to the early 15th century, and its magnificent park.
- Walk around Palazzo Clerici, a lavish 18th-century neo-classical residence and see the famous Teatro all Scala, Milan’s grand opera house dating to 1778.- Walk along with the luxurious Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II with its high-end shops and haute couture houses, like Gucci and Versace.
- Admire Milan’s spectacular Duomo, the centrepiece of the city that took over 600 years to build and is the second-largest cathedral in the world.
- Wander quaintly cobbled backstreets to discover hidden gems, and see the Royal Palace, the church and columns of St Lawrence, the only surviving ancient Roman ruins in the city.
- Explore the Basilica di Sant'Ambrogio: One of the oldest buildings in Milan dated to 379 BC.
- Finish your tour outside Santa Maria Delle Grazie with tickets to see the iconic painting of "The Last Supper" by Leonardo Da Vinci.
- Please note: our team will be in touch to find out the name of each guest on the tour, as tickets must be in each guest's name.
Experience the vibrant atmosphere, stunning architecture, palaces, museums, mansions, churches, modern shopping galleries, and the beautiful parks at the heart of Milan, Italy’s most fashionable city on this full-day tour of the city highlights.
Milan began as a humble 6th-century Celtic village and grew into one of Italy’s most prosperous cities. While it is a large city, the highlights are easily navigable on foot, on this full-day walking tour with your private guide. Experience both modern Milan, with its financial district, and fashionable shopping in the dazzling Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II - home to the major fashion houses like Gucci and Versace, Armani and Ferragamo, as well as its venerable history, from castles to churches and old market squares.
Admire medieval fortress castles and visit the historic Piazza Mercanti – the medieval hub of the city where swords and suits of armour could be bought and sold. It is surrounded by several grand old buildings which your guide will introduce you to: Palazzo della Ragione, Palazzo delle Scuole Palatine, Palazzo dei Giureconsulti, Casa dei Panigarola & Loggia degli Osii.
Stop outside the Duomo for some holiday snaps – the famous centre point of the city with its Gothic style spires, an astonishing cathedral that took over 600 years to complete. Wander through some cobbled back streets and discover some hidden gems, including the Basilica di Sant'Ambrogio: One of the oldest buildings in Milan dating back to 379 BC, as well as the amazing Columns of St. Lawrence: one of the few ancient Roman ruins left in the city outside the grand basilica of the same name.
Finally, head towards Santa Maria Delle Grazie, and hear the amazing stories, theories, and conspiracies that surround Da Vinci’s iconic rendering of the Last Supper. Your guide will give you your tickets for you to enjoy at your own leisure.