Private Food and Wine Tasting Tour of Florence
Experience the delicious local cuisine and wines of Florence on this all-inclusive foodie tour through the hidden gems of the city called the Cradle of the Renaissance. On your private tour you will:
- Enjoy the personalised attention of a private tour guide, who will manage all aspects of your all-inclusive food tour.
- Step away from the beaten tourist path and explore the pretty Oltrarno foodie neighbourhood, a favourite with locals.
- Meet the local custodians, sellers and producers of Florence’s proud culinary traditions, and wine experts as you walk your way through this tasting extravaganza.
- Taste a selection of local Florentine and Tuscan delicacies such as the "schiacciata" and other traditional sweets.
- Stop in a wine shop for a curated Tuscan wine tasting accompanied by tasty cold cuts and crostini.
- Step inside a cheese specialist to explore the best cheeses Tuscany has to offer - also accompanied by a glass of wine.
- Refresh your palate with delicious gelato, in non-touristy gelateria – one of Florence’s best-kept secrets!
- Arrive on this tour hungry, and plan to leave this tour full!
No holiday to Italy, the land of sun, art, culture and glorious food and wine, is complete without this VIP food tour through the hidden gems of Florence, home of the Renaissance and symbolic of Italy’s culinary passion!
With your local expert guide, you will step away from the tourist hotspots and navigate the foodie neighbourhoods and quaint streets of Florence, as you sample a huge array of Florentine and Tuscan specialities from mouth-watering cold cuts and cheeses to delicious wines and classic Italian dolce (sweet foods) including – of course – a classic gelato.
Your tour will begin across the Arno river in Piazza Santo Spirito – a favourite local haunt of the young Michelangelo, and now an area trendy with students and locals alike. Your guide will take you to fascinating streets, shops, bars and piazzas of the Oltrarno district where you’ll learn and taste all the best gastronomic traditions Florence and Tuscany can offer. You’ll have a chance to chat with the expert producers and sellers, chefs and sommeliers, of these flavoursome delicacies – learning about the history of the food and the passionate families that have worked in the business for generations. Just be sure to arrive on an empty stomach!