Florence in a Day: Private Walking Tour with Uffizi and Accademia Tickets
Explore the best of Renaissance Florence in just a single day on a private tour, with skip-the-line tickets included to the city’s highlights. On your private tour, you will:
- Enjoy the personalised attention of a private tour guide, ideal for Florence visitors short on time.
- Walk across Ponte Vecchio, the famous old bridge.
- Enjoy a skip-the-line tour of Florence’s Uffizi Gallery, with an art-expert guide (tickets included).
- Hear about the tales of Renaissance artists such as Giotto and Leonardo da Vinci.
- See the famous Michelangelo’s Doni Tondo and Caravaggio’s Bacchus.
- See the famous 'Birth of Venus' and the Leonardo Room.
- Break for lunch. Your guide will recommend the perfect spot for a bite to eat (not included in the price).
- Enjoy a walking tour of Florence City Highlights, including Piazza della Signoria, Palazzo Vecchio, Piazza Della Repubblica, and of course the famed Duomo and its Baptistry.
- Enjoy skip-the-line entrance into the Galleria dell'Accademia to admire Michelangelo's sculpture of David, and the "slaves".
- Finish inside the Accademia Gallery, where you are free to continue exploring at your own leisure
- Please note that the Duomo of Florence does not offer skip-the-line tickets and a long line often forms at the entrance. If the line is too long you will not visit the interior of the Cathedral on tour, and your guide will give you tips on the best time to return to avoid standing in line.
Located in the very heart of Tuscany, in a basin crossed by the Arno River, the magnificent city of Florence stands as one of the most beautiful cities in Europe, filled with historical relics and artistic masterpieces by the greatest masters of Humanism and the Renaissance. You can read it in Dante, see it in Michelangelo, or just be engulfed by it when you walk into a church.
Begin your day in the impressive Uffizi Gallery, one of the largest museums in the Western world, holding over 3,000 works of notable artists. The Museum complex is deeply bound to the history of the city and the House of Medici and echoes the splendour of a whole era. Masterpieces by Giotto, Masaccio, Piero della Francesca and Botticelli are waiting for you, along with the most recent Caravaggio, Tiziano and Tintoretto and the stunning Leonardo da Vinci’s Annunciation and Adoration of the Magi.
After, the walking portion of your tour highlights key Renaissance sites and masterpieces, including the chance to see the Duomo Duomo and its impressive dome designed by Brunelleschi, and the Baptistery of Saint John, one of the oldest buildings in Florence. You will also visit the political centre, and enjoy a pleasant stroll through Piazza Della Signoria, surrounded by its ancient buildings and the Loggia Dei Lanzi.
In the afternoon, your guide will take you to the prestigious Accademia Gallery, where you will enjoy skip-the-line tickets to the museum, and explore stunning artwork, including Michelangelo's David. After an hour, your guide will leave you to explore the gallery at your own leisure.