Full-Day Private Tour of Budapest, with tickets included
On this seven-hour tour, your expert local guide will direct you to some of the most important historical and cultural sites of Budapest. On your private tour, you will:
- Commence your tour on Castle Hill, which offers phenomenal panoramas of the city
- Visit the Fisherman’s Bastion and Matthias Church with tickets included.
- Revel in the quietude of Buda and its characterful, storied streets.
- Enjoy the buzz of Pest, a vibrant cultural hub on the eastern banks of the Danube
- Discover the significance of the monument at the heart of Heroes' Square
- Find out what drove Buda and Pest to unify as one large capital city
- Discover Budapest’s stunning array of architectural styles, from the Turkish era to Art Nouveau
- Admire the scale and finery of the Hungarian Parliament Building
- Visit two of Europe’s most important synagogues at Dohány Street Synagogue and Rumbach Street Synagogue.
- Admire the elegance of St Stephen's Basilica, a neoclassical cathedral (tickets included)
- End your tour at Széchenyi Spa, a colour-rich bathing complex in Art Nouveau style (tickets not included – please pre-book for the spa, if you wish).
Budapest is blessed with some truly superb, grand buildings in Gothic, Art Nouveau, Romantic, Neo-Gothic and Turkish era style: a pleasing mix of genres that draws millions of culture buffs to the city each year. The capital of Hungary is the administrative, cultural, economic, educational, financial and trade hub of the nation. The mighty Danube River, broad and sweeping, neatly dissects the city, with the old city of Buda extending into the hills on the west bank and Pest sitting in the lowlands to the east. As Hungary’s largest metropolitan hub, Budapest boasts more diversity in its ethnicity still, combined with the historical legacies of Asiatic conquer, Mongol invasion, Ottoman siege, German control and Soviet rule.
Immerse yourself in the unique character of Budapest with its beautiful buildings, fairytale towers, storied streets, Hungarian culture, quirky communist-era sites and gritty spirit. Stroll some of the streets to access treasures best viewed on foot and journey via luxury transport to the city’s far-flung corners. Your expert local guide will provide a narrative to your exploration of Budapest’s most compelling historical and cultural sites. Visit Castle Hill, an elevated focal point of Budapest’s history that is home to some of the city’s most iconic medieval monuments such as the fairytale towers at the Fisherman’s Bastion and handsome Matthias Church with its royal connections.
The St Stephen’s Basilica, an elegant neoclassical cathedral named after the first king of Hungary, is the most sacred of all Catholic churches in the country and took 54 years to construct, finally opening in 1905. Similarly impressive is the Great Synagogue, one of the largest places of worship of the Jewish faith in the world. Your tour ends at Széchenyi Spa, an Art Nouveau bathing complex of grand decor filled with hot bubbling pools, outside baths and whirlpools. The largest spa bath in Europe, the Széchenyi Spa boasts iconic status in Hungary and is used by people of all ages, including families, for bathing rituals in its spring-fed curative bathhouse. You are free to enjoy the spa at your leisure at the end of the tour (price not included).
Please note: if you wish to visit the spa, you must provide proof of vaccination.