Athens Famous Landmarks & Hidden Gems: Private Walking Tour
Experience the glorious ancient city of Athens, one of the world’s best-preserved ancient cities, where venturing off the tourist drag is near impossible without a passionate, knowledgeable local guide. Enjoy the major landmarks, the hidden gems and a local coffee and pastry on us!
On your private walking tour of Athens, you will:
- Enjoy this fascinating orientation tour of the highlights and hidden gems of Athens with a private guide;
- See the highlights of the historical centre in a matter of hours, including Athens Cathedral;
- Explore the shops and bars of the famous Monastiraki area;
- Watch the Changing of the Guard in front of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier;
- Enjoy a coffee and traditional Greek pastry at a local bakery;
- See some of Ancient Greece's most iconic sites, including Hadrian's Library, Arch, and the Roman Agora;
- Wander through the charming Plaka district, with its white staircases, cafes, and terraces;
- End your tour outside the legendary Acropolis Museum, where you can continue to explore at your own leisure.
Named after the goddess Athena, Greece’s capital is one of the world’s oldest cities, with a history spanning over 3,400 years, and human settlements believed to date back to the 11th millennium BC. Today, the city packs a heady punch of fascinating ancient history, and hip, gritty neighbourhoods all overlooked by the iconic Acropolis.
Enjoy meaningful insights from a local Athenian as you wander around the buzzing historic centre. As you explore the famed shopping street, Pandrossou Street, your guide will give you invaluable recommendations for the artisanal shops, and authentic restaurants - many of which are hidden in plain sight.
On your walking tour, you’ll see several of the city's major attractions, including Hadrian’s Library, the Roman Agora, the Tower of the Winds, and the Lysicrates Monument, and hear their fascinating stories from your guide. You will be taken to one of the oldest bakeries in Athens, where you can enjoy a coffee and a traditional Greek pastry on us - while jotting down more expert recommendations for food!
Your tour ends in front of the incredible Acropolis Museum - one of the most important museums in the world with art history stretching back 2400 years. It was ranked the 11th best museum in the world, and you are welcome to explore at your own pace.