Athens Private Food Tour: Greek Markets & Cretan Cuisine
Dine on Greek food today, and you are feasting on a culmination of thousands of years of history: a fascinating and revealing taste journey of rich, deeply-satisfying flavours. Greeks, it is said, approach food with a mix of passion and nostalgia, inevitably reminiscing about the dishes on which they were raised. On your drool-worthy Greek Food Tour, you will:
- Enjoy personalised attention of your local expert guide on this private tour
- Embark on a gastronomic exploration of one of the most delectable food quarters of Athens: Monastiraki
- Sample delicious Greek produce such as charcuterie, cheeses, dolmadakia
- Explore authentic Greek foods such as traditional pies loukoumades and gain an insight into rich, local flavours
- Visit a local food market Market and taste some Greek olive oil.
- Walk through the charming Plaka district, with its white staircases, cafe's and terraces and see the Lysicrates Monument
- Learn how to make a typical Greek starter with a professional chef!
- Enjoy authentic Cretan cuisine as you sit down to lunch in our favourite local restaurant, well away from the tourist drag.
With a foodie guide, your Greek Food Tour will explore some of Greece’s finest traditional dishes as well as mouth-watering local specialities. Meet Greek chefs, visit Greek kitchens and spend time in speciality food stores that tourists rarely discover.