Private Walking Tour of Athens, including Changing of the Guard, Monastiraki, and Plaka
In Athens - one of the world’s finest preserved ancient cities - venturing off the tourist drag is near impossible to perfect without a local guide, and worth every moment of serenity. On your private walking tour of Athens, you will:
- Get yourself oriented in the city with the help of a private guide, including helping you navigate the famed Monastiraki area shops and restaurants.
- See the highlights of the historical center in a matter of hours, including Athens Cathedral
- Enjoy personalised attention from your expert guide, who will be able to answer any of your questions from the city and country’s history to where to enjoy the best dinners
- See the Greek Changing of the Guard in front of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
- Enjoy a coffee and traditional Greek pastry at a local bakery.
- See some of Ancient Greece's most iconic sites, including Hadrian's Library, Arch and the Roman Agora.
- Walk through the charming Plaka district, with its white staircases, cafe's and terraces.
- End your tour by the Acropolis Museum, which you are free to explore at your own pace.
Greece’s capital ranks amongst the world’s oldest cities, with history spanning over 3,400 years, and human settlements believed to date back to the 11th millennium BC. Today, the city packs a heady punch of absorbing ancient history and hip, gritty neighbourhoods overlooked by the Acropolis even in Athen’s furthest reaches.
Enjoy meaningful insights from a local Athenian as you wander the historic centre with a local. As you explore the famed shopping street, Pandrossou street, your guide will give you invaluable recommendations for the artisanal shops which are hidden in plain sight.
On your walking tour you’ll see several of the major attractions, including: Hadrian’s Library, the Roman Agora, Tower of he Winds, and Lysicrates Monument, all of which your guide will give you the history of. Your guide will take you to one of the oldest bakeries in Athens, where you can enjoy a coffee and a traditional Greek pastry, while jotting down more expert recommendations. Your tour ends in front of the Acropolis, which you are welcome to explore at your own pace.