Full Day Highlights Tour of Berlin: Old & New Berlin
On this comprehensive full-day highlights tour in Berlin, you will endeavor to uncover the history of this remarkable city, and become better acquainted with its tumultuous past and driving forces that have created the metropolis that you see today.
- See the Reichstag and Brandenburg Gate and learn about their historical and political significance over the past one hundred years.
- Stroll through 17th Street where you will come across the Holocaust Memorial, Hitler’s Bunker, Berlin Wall and Topography of Terror Museum.
- Enjoy a long lunch at a local spot recommended by your private guide (price not included).
- Visit Museum Island where you’ll see some of Germany’s best museums, featuring amazing art and cultural artifacts.
- See the old and the new – take a walk through the Jewish Quarter with over 800 years of history and end up at the Fernsehturm, Berlin’s futuristic TV tower.
Through this tour, you will embark on a journey through time, visiting sites that played a role as Berlin evolved from Royal city through to Imperial capital, cosmopolitan hub to Nazi bastion, and from Cold War division to its contemporary renewal and prosperity. A century of geopolitical struggle, hubris, nemesis and rebirth have marked this fascinating city from the ambitions of the Kaiser to defeats in two World Wars. You will visit the landmarks that played a role in shaping Berlin's history.