Food Tour of Berlin with a Private Guide
Savour the sights, sounds and classic tastes of Berlin on this delicious cultural, foodie private tour of the city, including several tastings of popular cuisine and street food, and of course traditional German beer. On your private tour you will:
- Enjoy the personal attention of your private guide.
- Wander around Berlin’s Friedrichshain, with its punky, alternative vibe and taste a variety of local cuisines.
- Indulge in delicious street food – the ever-popular Doner Kebab, with its origins in Turkey.
- Try the Berlin staple: Currywurst – the question is, skin on or skin off?
- Get a real understanding of the foodie culture of Berlin, eat like a local, and enjoy a Vietnamese snack and a sweet surprise!
- Taste the famed Flammekueche - German Pizza!
- Enjoy learning about the long history of beer brewing in Germany whilst enjoying a beer at a local brewery.
Discover the delicious foodie scene of Berlin on this walking and tasting tour around the highlights of the city. Stop at a variety of bars, cafes, street food stalls and markets to taste some delicious hearty German foods, and some of the popular foreign influences from Turkey and Asia like a Turkish Doner Kebab and Vietnamese street food!
Learn about Berlin during the Second World War and the construction of the Berlin Wall and its collapse – whilst also hearing about the famous Currywurst, which is now a source of national pride. It even has a museum dedicated to it! Consisting of sausage, covered in tomato sauce with curry powder, and the secret ingredient Worcestershire sauce, the combination dates to 1949 when a lady called Herta Heuwer poured the ingredients she’d been given by British soldiers over a grilled sausage. You’ll find Currywurst on almost every street corner of Berlin!
Berlin is famous for its diverse influence of flavours from Asia, Italy and Turkey. Try flammkuchen, a delicious German-style pizza, and indulge your sweet tooth with a special treat!
Germany is also famous for its love of beer and was once considered the beer capital of Europe with over 300 breweries, and a history of brewing beer dating back to 800 BC! Berlin has a major craft beer and micro-brewery scene with many beer gardens throughout the city. The most popular brew in Berlin is the famous Berliner Weisse, which you may sample along the way! Prost!