Berlin's Schloss Charlottenburg: Private Tour of Palace and Gardens
Explore the majestic fairytale palace and magical gardens of Schloss Charlottenburg, with train, bus and entrance tickets included, and your knowledgeable expert guide. On your private tour you will:
- Enjoy the personal attention of your private guide.
- Escape the bustle of Berlin to the peace and splendour of the city’s most majestic palace, and the only one within the city boundaries.
- Meet your guide at Berlin Friedrichstraße station to take the train and bus just 40 minutes from central Berlin to Charlottenburg Palace. Tickets are all included.
- Enjoy your private tour of the exquisite gardens, architectural marvels and uncover the palace’s intriguing history.
- Gain valuable insight into the palace’s distinct architecture with your own private expert in the field.
- Visit the Old Palace and the royal apartments.
- Admire the priceless artworks, Rococo splendour, and the New Wing.
Swap the bustle of Berlin for the serenity of boundless gardens, peaceful lakes, and echoing palace chambers on this magical tour. Built as the summer retreat for the first Queen of Prussia, Schloss Charlottenburg is the largest palace remaining within the city boundaries and is just 40 minutes from the heart of Berlin by train and a short bus ride. The palace is truly a must-see site on your trip to Berlin, and right on the doorstep.
Schloss Charlottenburg is a beautiful Baroque palace built at the end of the 17th century for Duchess Sophie Charlotte of Hanover, married to Friedrich III, the Elector of Brandenburg and later Duke of Prussia, she was also the sister of George I of England. Enjoy the ornate interiors, the art, porcelain, gold and other collections as well as the exquisite gardens, with the Belvedere, fountains, theatre, mausoleum and woodlands - designed by a protégé of Andre Le Notre, who designed the gardens at Versailles.
Unearth fascinating history and lesser-known facts with your private guide, an expert in the field. Enjoy access to the Old Palace, with its baroque rooms, royal apartments, Japanese and Chinese porcelain collections and silverware chambers, as well as the New Wing, with its rococo decor and fine furniture. Explore the exquisite baroque gardens, discovering their hidden corners and quirks. Through and beyond the shady walkways you will stumble upon tombs, carp ponds and miniature tea-houses. An experience not to be missed whilst in Berlin! At the end of your tour, your guide will accompany you back to the centre of Berlin if you so wish.