Explore the Palace of Versailles: Private Half-Day Guided Tour
This fantastic private half-day guided tour of the Château de Versailles will introduce you to the splendour and tragedy that surrounds one of the most popular attractions, and indeed the largest royal palace in the world.
Here you will witness the beautiful achievements of 18th-century French art that shaped the UNESCO designation of the Palace of Versailles as a World Heritage Site.
On your private half-day guided tour, you will:
- Begin your tour outside the Palace of Versailles with your private tour guide;
- Hear the stories about the French royalty while admiring the palace's magnificent Baroque architecture;
- Explore the Royal Chapel, the fifth and final chapel completed in 1810;
- Visit the Hall of Mirrors, the most famous room in the palace, where the First World War peace treaty was signed;
- Enter the Peace Room & War Room, symmetrical rooms with marble decoration on the walls and six trophies;
- Discover the King’s Grand Apartments, a complex of seven rooms named after Roman gods;
- Take a stroll with your guide and discover the beauty of the Gardens of Versailles.
- Your tour ends inside the famous Gardens of Versailles, giving you time to explore the rest of the estate at your own pace.
Your licensed tour guide will introduce you to the impressive Baroque architecture style present in the palace, extensive works of art, and period furniture that fills the palace.
You will discover the most famous parts of the Palace, such as Versailles' Royal Chapel, the Hall of Mirrors, and the King's Grand Apartments: Salon de Diane, Salon de Mars, Salon de Mercure, Salon d'Apollo, Salon de Jupiter, Salon de Saturne and Salon de Venus.
After exploring the splendorous interior of the estate, you will have the opportunity to relax and take in the breathtaking beauty of the Gardens at Versailles – the grandest example of classical French landscaping anywhere in France.
Strewn with many beautiful statues and colossal fountains, the and its Grand Canal will be sure to leave you awestruck. On select days, you will enjoy the Musical Fountains show, which incorporates sound into the beauty of the garden.
After your guided tour, you can further explore the expansive grounds of the Palace of Versailles at your own pace.
Please note this tour starts and finishes in Versailles and does not include any transportation.
Check our Paris tours to book the Palace of Versailles day trip including hotel pick-up & drop-off.