Normandy D-Day Private Excursion from Paris: Omaha Beach & American Cemetery
This day-long tour provides you with an all-encompassing experience of D-Day, the defining moment of WWII, with visits to key landing points, churches, museums and cemeteries. With over 12 nations involved in what was the largest-scale air and land mission in history, for the sake of depth, this tour explores the Americans’ role on D-Day.
As there is so much to see, however, your tour guide will be happy to adapt your itinerary according to your interests. You will be transported from Paris to Normandy’s coastline, passing through picturesque countryside along the way.
- Relive the key moments of D-Day on Omaha Beach.
- Visit the American cemetery, where all the American troops who lost their lives are remembered.
- Taken in the view at Point du Hoc, the highest point between the American sector landings at Utah and Omaha Beaches
- Visit the Overlord Museum, dedicated to Allied landings in Normandy, with displays of soldiers' personal items and armoured fighting vehicles.
- Comfortable car travel provided for the whole day. Your experience of Normandy will not be affected by rain or bad weather!
- Private tour guide throughout the day
Go beyond mythology to learn about and relive the trials and tribulations the Allies faced in overcoming the Nazi forces. You will see Pointe du Hoc, where 225 rangers climbed cliffs over 100 feet high to capture and wipe out a German artillery battery; the tour also includes a visit to Omaha Beach, where the Americans constructed an artificial harbour to supply its troops with equipment. There will also be an opportunity to pay your respects to the brave 9,387 American soldiers who were laid to rest in the American cemetery which overlooks Omaha Beach.
You will learn about the ins and outs of the war and D-Day from your expert guide who will be happy to answer any questions you may have.