Mont Saint-Michel, Monastery & Abbey: Private Day trip from Paris
Experience the magic of Mont-Saint-Michel, a spectacular castle-like medieval monastery, on this private day-trip from Paris. Built on a vast and open expanse between sand and sky, Mont-Saint-Michel and its breathtaking bay is an unforgettable sight. Enjoy a picturesque journey and a remarkable tour of this iconic medieval monastery.
On your private tour you will:
- Enjoy a private roundtrip transfer to Mont-Saint-Michel a UNESCO World Heritage Site;
- Take in the breathtaking scenery of Normandy and Brittany;
- Enjoy the awe-inspiring sight of Mont Saint Michel both from a distance and close-up;
- Walk the expanse of mudflats around the monastery (depending on the tide) and enjoy several unique photo opportunities;
- Explore the interior of the monastery, a medieval citadel made up of streets, houses, church, and the Abbey;
- Walk into the vast gothic cathedral of the Abbey, and learn all about its history and significance;
- Wander up and down the Grand Rue, and step inside the stunning Parish Church dedicated to St Michael;
- Step back in time as you wander around this extraordinary web of winding streets and stairs, admire its gothic grandeur, and religious mysticism with breathtaking, panoramic views;
- Learn the chivalric history of the site and the changing of the tides that make it so unique;
- Discover the religious history that draws so many people to this place of pilgrimage ;
- Uncover the rest of the island, filled with unique souvenir and craft shops, and tasty treats;
- Enjoy a delicious lunch in one of the many restaurants with those amazing views out to sand and sea (not included);
- Relax on your private car journey back to Paris.
Experience the magic and mysticism of Mont Saint Michel, a remote medieval monastery built on a tidal island amidst a vast expanse of land and sky. So unique is this place that it was granted UNESCO World Heritage status and is one of France's most beautiful attractions.
Depart from your hotel first thing in the morning with your private driver and guide. Drive through the beautiful French countryside of Normandy and Brittany, and enjoy picturesque landscapes as you make your way to the northwestern coast of France, to the unique and breathtakingly beautiful medieval monastery of Mont Saint-Michel.
Journey out to the castle: almost a mirage on the sea, and see how it inspired the Disney castle. Depending on the tide, take off your shoes and walk onto the clay flats around the monastery for fun and fabulous photo opportunities.
Wander through the majestic Mont St Michel Abbey and admire the spectacular views from the parapets. Walk up the old Grand Rue and enjoy the medieval olde worlde atmosphere that persists to this day. Venture inside the church - a sacred shrine to St Michael the Archangel.
Prepare to climb, as the entire citadel is built on a mound, rising from the water. Enjoy the mystique which shrouds this mysterious and historic castle-town.
Built by Benedictine monks beginning in the 10th century, the Abbey has survived the elements and conflicts throughout the centuries and is a symbol of French national pride.
Once you have had your fill of the medieval fortress, enjoy a private transfer with your guide back to your hotel in Paris.
Please note it is a 4-hour journey each way to Mont Saint Michel. Once there, it is up to you how long you wish to spend, with a maximum of 5 hours. The journey and the destination are both exceptional!