Private Louvre Tour: the Masterpieces & the Egyptian Collection (tickets included)
Not only is the Louvre the home to classics like The Mona Lisa but also houses one of the most impressive and extensive Egyptian Antiquities Collection. This private tour is your chance to explore the museum’s classic highlights, along with the fascinating Egyptian Collection. On your private tour of the Louvre, you will:
- Meet your private guide outside the Louvre to begin your experience.
- Enjoy free entrance for all children under the age of 12.
- Explore the Egyptian wing, including the Egyptian mummy, the Sarcophagus of Rameses III, and several other impressive antiquities.
- Jump into the unmissable attractions, including the Mona Lisa, The Wedding Feast at Cana, The Coronation of Napoleon, and Venus de Milo.
- Learn about art history from your expert guide, along with the museum’s role for art historians.
- Wander through a labyrinth of 300 rooms and uncover masterpieces missed by many, including: Liberty Leading the People and Canova’s Apollo and Daphne
- This tour ends inside the Louvre Museum that you are welcome to continue exploring at your own pace.
This tour was designed to be an all-inclusive, immersive experience at the Louvre, with the chance to explore the nearly 10,000 pieces of the Egyptian collection curated by the museum over the course of two centuries. While exploring the collection, you’ll dive into French history, told through the lens of art and archaeology. From there, your private licensed guide you will take you through the unmissable highlights, where you will see some of the museum’s greatest works that span from 450 BCE to the 19th century, along with several of its lesser known treasures.
Whilst visiting this fabulous museum you will have the pleasure of viewing the most celebrated of all the Louvre’s treasures: 'Three Grand Ladies'- the Venus de Milo, Nike of Samothrace, and Leonardo’s Mona Lisa. Your guide will discuss the fascinating stories that surround these influential and important works of art. After your guided tour, feel free to further explore the vast museum and its beautiful work at your own pace.