Paris by Night: Private Walking Tour including Seine River Cruise
Experience the magic of the City of Lights with an evening walk through the most romantic areas of Paris: the medieval Île de la Cité and the Latin Quarter. Take a relaxing and scenic cruise ride along the River Seine with fabulous photo opportunities of famous Parisian landmarks including the Eiffel Tower lit up at night.
On your private tour you will:
- Visit two of the city's most beautiful and romantic neighbourhoods;
- Explore the famous sites on Île de la Cité where French history began;
- See the Revolutionary Palais du Justice and the Conciergerie Palace former home of the French Kings;
- Hear about the terrifying trial and final days of King Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette;
- Admire the magnificent Gothic facade of Notre Dame - still standing after the terrible fire of 2019;
- Wander through the trendy Latin Quarter - made famous by the 'Lost Generation' of Gertrude Stein and Ernest Hemingway;
- Learn about the famous bookshop Shakespeare & Co;
- See the Sorbonne University and peer inside some of the oldest Gothic churches in Paris like Saint Severin;
- End your guided tour back on Ile de La Cite, where your guide will give you your Seine Cruise tickets;
- Travel down the Seine by river cruise;
- See the Eiffel Tower lit up at night, or choose any other time you like with your open tickets.
Enjoy a magical tour of central medieval Paris lit up at night! Begin by the statue of Good King Henry on the Pont Neuf and follow your expert private guide around the Île de la Cité.
This island, in the middle of the Seine, holds the founding history of Paris and France itself: it is where a Celtic tribe called the Parisi first settled, and later Clovis King of the Franks won after the fall of Rome. Learn the history of the French Kings and Queens as you gaze across to the Louvre Palace, beautifully lit at night, and walk through Place Dauphine.
Admire some Napoleonic decorations to the Palais du Justice, and hear about some of his greatest achievements, and epic losses. As you walk around this stunning beautifully lighted medieval castle, you'll learn that it was once the home of the French Kings - and later became their prison during the Revolution. Hear about the trials, both fair and foul, and decide for yourself if Marie Antoinette was as guilty as she is painted.
Admire the exquisite Gothic facade of Notre Dame - always stunningly lit up at night and hear of its extraordinary history -and survival.
Walk around the trendy, artsy and vibrant Latin Quarter - famous for its plethora of Gothic churches, the Sorbonne University - which gives it its name as Latin was the language of Academia in the middle ages! Pass by famous the Jazz clubs on Rue de la Huchette, and the bars and cafes and bookshops - like Shakespeare and Co - that were frequented by members of the Lost Generation like Hemingway, Orwell and Gertrude Stein.
Finally, return to the Pont Neuf where your guide will leave you to enjoy a romantic evening river cruise along the Seine. This is a wonderful way to see the great monuments of Paris lit up - including the Louvre, the Musee d'Orsay, and of course the piece de resistance: the Eiffel Tower!
Important: This tour includes a 2-hour private guided walking tour followed by a 1-hour river cruise with onboard commentary on your own. Your tour guide will walk you to the cruise docking point where they will part ways with you. You can choose to take the cruise at the end of the tour or later during your stay.