Private Full Day Tour of Nice
Discover Nice on a full-day tour, with a half-day spent wandering Old Town and the afternoon spent in the comfort of a private vehicle, exploring other city highlights less easily reached by foot.
On your private full-day tour, you will:
- Spend the morning traversing Old Town on foot with your private guide.
- Explore the Italian-influenced city, with its distinctive Mediterranean flavour, and the mixing flavours of fresh produce at the daily local market.
- Stroll the city’s highlights, including Bellanda Tower, Place Rossetti, and Opera de Nice.
- Climb Castle Hill for the best views over the city, with views of the pastel-painted city, striped umbrellas, and mega-yachts in the neighbouring harbour.
- Pop back into the city centre, where you will enjoy lunch at your leisure. Your guide will be happy to recommend locations. (Price of lunch not included in the tour).
- After lunch, hop into a private vehicle with your guide to see more of the city’s highlights, including Le Negresco, the Garden of Arenas Cimiez, Mont Boron, and the Modern and Contemporary Art Museum.
- After your tour, your guide will happily take you back to your hotel in Nice.
Step into one of the most iconic and idyllic cities in the French Riviera with a private guide to show you the best of the city. On your tour, you will explore the elegant square Masséna, see the many quaint boutique stores, the Opera de Nice, and the Palace Square, home to the stunning Palace of Justice. On the colourful Saleya Square, you will have time to enjoy the famous flower market stalls and some of the many local delicacies on offer when the market is operating (mornings, most days of the year).
The Old Town has some great eateries, old-fashioned bakeries, classic Italian ice-cream parlours and chocolate stores, and your guide will happily recommend several which you can pop into or return to after your tour. You will have time to try it all as well as to take wonderful photos of old Italian Nice.
Then visit Nice’s Castle Hill, which was the original site of the trading town founded by the Greeks 2,500 years ago. Not only will you visit Bellanda Tower and the sweeping waterfalls which cascade down to the sea, but also the magnificent viewpoints over the Bay of Angels and Old Town. After descending the hill, your guide will take you into the city centre or back into Old Town to enjoy an hour’s respite for lunch.
In the afternoon, hop in the car to cruise through several more of the city’s highlights, including Promenade des Anglais, a favourite walk-way of the European nobility of the last century and home to the magnificent Hôtel Negresco, the art deco Palais de la Méditerranée, and Le Opera de Nice. Then ascend Mont Boron for spectacular views over the mountainous and seafront landscape. Visit the Garden of Arenas Cimiez, ancient Roman ruins, which sit atop one of the hillsides of the area. After your tour ends, your guide will drop you off at your hotel or in the city centre, which you can discuss with your guide on the day of the tour.