Full Day Highlights of Copenhagen: Private Walking Tour with Tickets
Enjoy a full-day private walking tour of beautiful Copenhagen – the historic, cultured and contemporary capital of Denmark. Copenhagen is known for its stunning architecture, its unique geography straddling two islands, the grandeur of its royal history and its contemporary cool culture today. On your private tour, you will:
- Enjoy the personalised attention of your private guide, on this full-day walking tour of the highlights of Copenhagen.
- Visit the Amalienborg palace complex and garden, the winter residence of the royal family famed for its exquisite Rococco architecture - maybe even see the Changing of the Royal Guard.
- See the iconic and much-photographed bronze sculpture of the Little Mermaid by Dutch artist Edvard Eriksen, a gift from Danish brewer Carl Jacobsen to the City of Copenhagen.
- Explore the 400 years old Rosenborg Castle, one of the best-preserved Renaissance castles in the world. (Entrance tickets are included).
- Inside the castle, admire the Knights Hall with the coronation thrones, the crown jewels, and regalia – all used by the Danish Royal family to this day.
- Walk around the charming Nyhavn neighbourhood with its pastel-coloured merchant's houses that line the canals.
- Enjoy lunch by the Nyhavn Canal, where your guide can recommend a local favourite restaurant or cafe (lunch is not included).
- Enjoy Copenhagen’s most charming view atop the 17th century Round Tower, the oldest astronomical observatory in Europe. (Entrance tickets are included).
- End your tour in the heart of the city by the Christiansborg Palace, the seat of the Danish Parliament, the Danish Prime Minister's Office, and the Supreme Court of Denmark.
Copenhagen, Denmark’s capital city, is known as one of the coolest contemporary capitals in the world, with its unique geography sitting on the coastal islands of Zealand and Amager, offering spectacular views throughout the day. The Öresund Bridge provides a link to Malmo in southern Sweden. It is also famous for the grandeur of its historic royal architecture.
With your private guide, you will spend the day exploring the highlights of this fascinating and beautiful city. Explore the Amalienborg Palace and gardens, the winter home of the Danish royal family, where you may catch the traditional pomp and ceremony of the Changing of the Royal Guard. The palace also boasts some of the most impressive Rococo architecture found anywhere in Europe.
After admiring the iconic Little Mermaid sculpture, you will then venture inside the Kastellet, a mightily imposing star fortress; built in the shape of a giant pentagon, which has successfully warded off enemy attackers for centuries. You will then head over to Nyhavn, where you will have the pleasure of experiencing a delicious traditional Danish lunch, characterised by fresh, local ingredients.
From here your tour will continue its royal theme as you journey into the impressive 17th century Rosenberg Castle built by one of the most famous Scandinavian kings, Christian IV. Here you will have the chance to enter the stunning Knights’ Hall with original coronation thrones and three life-size silver lions standing guard! Rosenberg also houses an exquisite collection of Flora Danica and one of the world’s finest Venetian glass collections in the world. A short distance from Rosenborg is the stunning Christiansborg Palace, the seat of the Danish Parliament, the Prime Minister’s office and the Supreme Court.
Your day-long tour ends on a high note: with a visit to Copenhagen’s 17th century Round Tower, an iconic landmark in the city with the oldest Observatory in Europe.
Please note: The Observatory of the Round Tower is temporarily closed until further notice, due to Covid-19 restrictions. You will have entrance access for Round Tower, but not for the Observatory at the present moment.