Private Tour of Prague Castle with Tickets to Lobkowicz Palace
On your private Prague Castle tour, your guide will help you immerse yourself in the history of the fascinating city through the history of the castle with additional tickets to Lobkowicz Palace. On this tour, you will:
- Explore Prague Castle, a UNESCO world heritage site, with tickets included and a private guide throughout your tour.
- Learn about the Czech monarchy and the architecture, some parts which date back to the 9th century, when the castle was first founded.
- Explore St George’s Basilica and St Vitus Cathedral while learning about the history of Prague as the capital for Holy Roman emperors throughout the Middle Ages.
- Visit the famed chapel where Saint Wenceslaus’s tomb is.
- Stroll down idyllic Golden Lane, where you will get a sense of life behind the castle walls.
- Finish your tour with additional entrance tickets to Lobkowicz Palace, where you will see works by Canaletto, Bruegel and more. Also, see original manuscripts of pieces by Beethoven and Mozart.
Prague Castle looms above the Vltava River’s left bank and is adorned with many beautiful fairytale-like spires and towers. Within its walls lies a fascinating collection of historic buildings, museums and galleries that are home to some of the Czech Republic's greatest artistic and cultural treasures. Prague Castle is an absolute must for anyone visiting the Czech Republic.
The castle has long been the seat of Czech monarchs as well as the official residence of the head of state. Its construction has been on a monumental scale and is famed across Europe; with Prince Bořivoj founding a fortified settlement here in the 9th century. It grew sporadically as monarchs made their own additions to the castle complex. There have been four major reconstructions, from that of Prince Soběslav in the 12th century to a classical facelift under Empress Maria Theresa (r 1740–80).
Your expert city guide will help you to unravel the fascinating history of this enigmatic building in the heart of Prague. The Castle also provides a breathtaking, royal view over Charles Bridge, the Vltava river and the rest of Prague. Exploring the Castle complex will help us to discover more about the fascinating life of the Holy Roman Emperor, Charles IV, and his contributions to his Empire.
After your tour, your guide will give you tickets to explore Lobkowicz Palace, which is another portion of the castle’s complex. Here, you can explore the museum at your leisure, enjoying original manuscripts by famous composers – each with handwritten notes by the composers themselves, and see works by some of the great masters, including Bruegel and Velásquez.