The Locals' Highlights of Prague Private Walking Tour
Experience off-the-beaten path highlights of Prague, the beautiful capital city of the Czech Republic on this private walking tour, and enjoy a drink on us too. On your private tour you will:
- Enjoy the personal attention of your local private guide.
- Explore a mix of the highlights and hidden gems of central Prague including iconic buildings, monuments, statues and squares.
- Learn the layout of the city while hearing all about its varied history, from the medieval kings through the Communist era and today’s modern life in Prague.
- Begin at the Dancing House, also known as Fred and Ginger, and appreciate the fabulous Art Nouveau architecture throughout the city, including buildings like the Art Nouveau Palace Hotel and the Jerusalem Synagogue.
- Admire the equally beautiful medieval architecture of Prague, the "city of the 100 spires", with its amazing Gothic churches including the 14th-century church of Our Lady of the Snows.
- Discover secret courtyards and hidden gems of empty green spaces, including the lovely Franciscan Gardens.
- Explore the iconic Wenceslas Square – a focal point for political rallies, and where the people celebrated the fall of Communism in 1989.
- See the spectacular Charles Square: filled with dozens of statues, it is the largest square in Prague, and formerly the largest in Medieval Europe.
- Visit the 17th Century Church of St. Ignatius on Charles Square, where about 900 victims of the 1945 bombing were carried.
- Marvel at the stunning National Theatre and the historic Legion Bridge across the Vltava River.
- Admire the (in)famous statue of King Wenceslas Riding an Upside-Down Dead Horse, a mocking tribute to the past and modern leadership of Prague.
- End your tour with a welcome traditional Czech beer on us!
Explore the highlights of Prague, the city of the hundred spires, on your private welcome orientation tour of the Czech Capital. Prague is famous for its mix of medieval, baroque, art nouveau and modern architecture – all of which you’ll be able to admire as you stroll through this beautiful city with your private guide.
You’ll see the classic medieval gothic churches, as well as the art nouveau synagogues and municipal buildings, whilst learning about different eras of Czech history, from the medieval royal family to the stories of the Jewish Community under the Nazis and later the Communists. You’ll explore the iconic Charles and Wenceslas Squares – named for two of Bohemia’s most famous kings, as well as more modern instalments such as the Franz Kafka rotating head and a statue of Josef Jungmann – a well-known Czech poet.
Learn about the Velvet Revolution of 1989 whilst gazing at the Melantrich balcony, the site of dissenting political speeches, and hear how the peaceful protests led to the fall of Communism in Czechoslovakia. Walk over the historic Legion Bridge, across the Vltava River, the main artery of the city, and end your tour with a traditional Czech beer at a local pub!