The Best of Prague: Private Half-Day Walking Tour
Explore the best of Prague and its most popular highlights in just half a day, with a private guide giving you the rich and complex history for which the city is known.
On your private tour, you will:
- Take a stroll through Prague's Old Town, a fairytale-like part of town with cobblestone streets and beautiful architecture;
- See the medieval Astronomical Clock with over 600 years of history and one of the most photographed attractions in the city;
- Walk across Charles Bridge, the oldest standing over the Vltava river connecting the Old town with Lesser Town;
- Explore the Jewish Quarter located between the Old Town Square and the Vltava River including the famous Hebrew clock;
- Discover the Gothic Quarter, known as Lesser Town and Malá Strana with incredible gothic architecture;
- Learn about the architectural influences behind the iconic medieval Nerudova Street;
- Finish your tour on Prague Castle’s grounds, a UNESCO World Heritage Site founded in around 880.
See the heart of Prague, Old Town Square, where you will learn about the religious symbolism of the absolutely stunning medieval Astronomical Clock and its long-standing historical influences. Then, your guide will take you wandering through the Old Town, where you will be able to experience what ‘Old Prague’ must have been like 500 years ago.
Be immersed in the layers of history and cultural influences that are around every corner. Your private guide will be more than happy to field any questions you may have on the history of this great city and the changes it saw, set in motion by the Holy Roman Emperor, Charles IV.
Crossing over to the Lesser Quarter of Prague over the Vltava River, your guide will show you the Gothic masterpiece of the Charles Bridge, which dates back to the 14th century. It was key in creating Prague’s New Town area, as it linked the established parts of Prague with new innovation and development.
Looming above the Vltava's left bank, with its many beautiful fairytale-like spires and towers, the stunning Prague Castle is one of the most famous and imposing buildings in Europe.
Within its walls lies a fascinating collection of historic buildings, museums and galleries that are home to some of the Czech Republic's greatest artistic and cultural treasures. For those who book the morning tour, you will have the chance to see the daily changing of the guard, which happens at noon each day.