Prague Private Full Day Highlights Tour inc Tickets
Visit the most iconic and impressive areas of Prague, with your expert city guide informing you of the complex history, culture, and revolutionary ideas for which this great city is famous.
- Commence your tour in Old Town Square, where you will find the medieval Astronomical Clock
- Explore the Jewish quarter, originating in the tenth century
- Learn about Prague's Art Nouveau movement, see Wenceslas Square
- Cross the stunning Charles Bridge, as you head towards Mala Strana
- Enter Prague Castle, snap pictures of the fine architecture, and learn about Charles IV
- Discover the variety of artistic and cultural treasures inside the castles collection of historic buildings, museums, and galleries
- After your tour, enjoy an evening cruise of the Danube River.
Your tour will start in one of Prague’s busiest areas; Old Town Square, where you will learn about the religious symbolism of the the medieval Astronomical Clock and its fascinating historical influences. You will then move on to explore an integral part of Prague- the Jewish community- whose history and influence dates back to the tenth century.
You will then venture on to explore Prague’s unique Art Nouveau movement, which sprung up at the beginning of the 20th century, and brought about a copious wave of intellectual insight. Beautiful examples of Art Nouveau are displayed throughout the splendid Wenceslas Square, in the centre New Town, where your expert city guide will help you understand this fascinating art movement. You will have ample time to stop at a local eatery to have a chance to relax and sample some of the delicious traditional Czech fare on offer.
Magnificent Prague Castle
Your stroll will continue to Malá Strana, but before entering Prague’s Lesser Side. Later, you will discover the life and times of the enigmatic Charles IV, the 14th century Holy Roman Emperor, as you enter Prague Castle.
Looming above the Vltava's left bank, with its many beautiful fairytale-like spires and towers, the awe-inspiring Prague Castle is one of the most famous and imposing buildings in Europe. Within its walls lie a fascinating collection of historic buildings, museums and galleries that are home to some of the Czech Republic's greatest artistic and cultural treasures.
After a full day spent exploring the city, your guide will drop you off for an hour river cruise (tickets included) of the majestic Danube River.