Prague In a Day: Private Walking Tour with Castle & Cruise tickets included
Discover the best of Medieval and modern Prague on this full-day private walking tour of the city’s most iconic sites including tickets and a guided tour of the fairytale castle, and a relaxing scenic river cruise along the Vltava at the end of the day. On your private tour your will:
- Enjoy the personalised attention of your private tour guide.
- Discover the fairytale magic of Prague Castle, a UNESCO World Heritage site and home to some of the Czech Republic's greatest artistic and cultural treasures.
- Explore the rooms of the Old Royal Palace, including the opulent Vladislav Hall.
- Hear the stories of Prague’s kings and queens, emperors and saints – in particular the Holy Roman Emperor Charles IV.
- Step inside the resplendent St. George’s Basilica and magnificent St. Vitus Cathedral and see the famous chapel and tomb of Saint Wenceslas – prince and patron saint of Bohemia, assassinated by his own brother in the early middles ages!
- Walk along Golden Lane and experience what daily life was like within the castle walls.
- Enjoy watching the ceremony of the changing of the guard.
- Exit the castle, walk by Nerudova and the famous John Lennon Wall before crossing Charles Bridge, and take a well-earned lunch break at a delicious local eatery.
- Spend the afternoon exploring the rest of beautiful Prague, beginning with the historic Jewish Quarter, highlights include the Maisel Synagogue and the Hebrew Clock.
- See Wenceslas Square, the Old-New Synagogue, and Jerusalem Synagogue.
- Visit the Old Town Square and see the amazing Astronomical Clock and the Powder Tower.
- Learn all about the Art Nouveau scene in Prague.
- End the tour at the dock where your guide will drop you off for your relaxing river cruise (your tickets are included.)
Prague is the beautiful, fairytale capital city of the Czech Republic, famous for its medieval gothic architecture, colourful baroque buildings, spectacular royal castle, and the River Vltava running through its city centre – the longest river in Bohemia and the lifeblood of the city.
Nicknamed the ‘City of a Hundred Spires’ for its breathtaking beauty, on your day-long private walking tour of Prague, you will explore the city’s iconic highlights, including a fully guided tour of the splendid medieval castle, a UNESCO world heritage site, including St George’s Basilica, and St Vitus Cathedral - with the changing of the guard ceremony in the morning. After a delicious local lunch, you’ll explore the Old Town, Jewish Quarter and famous monuments – both old and new – including the John Lennon Wall and the astounding medieval Astronomical Clock dating to the 1400s. You’ll walk through Wenceslas Square, across the old Charles Bridge built in 1402 and lined with Catholic saints, and marvel at the famous Jewish places of worship, including the Maisel, Jerusalem and Old-New Synagogues and the Hebrew Clock.
Your guide will regale you with stories of the rogues and royals of the past, the development of Gothic architecture, the emergence of Art Nouveau and the history of the Jewish community in this fascinating and beautiful city. At the end of your walking tour, your guide will take you to the river for your relaxing, scenic cruise along the mighty Vltava.