Private Walking Monuments by Moonlight Tour
When the sun sets, the monuments and memorials of Washington DC are illuminated. Experience the stunning architecture of DC as you uncover its rich political history.
- Commence your tour at the iconic Washington Monument
- Pay your respects at the Korean Veterans Memorial and World War II Memorials
- Uncover the story of the nation during the Depression and World War II at the FDR Memorial
- Stand in awe of the immensity of The Lincoln Memorial
- Finally, learn about the controversial war and those who are immortalized at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial
Washington DC is ideal to explore after sunset, when crowds disperse and buildings light up. On this tour, you will explore the most important national memorials of America's capital, as you understand their place in the country's history.
Not only will you uncover the monuments dedicated to historical figures such as George Washington and Abraham Lincoln, you will have the chance to commemorate Vietnam and Korean veterans, as well as those lost during World War II. Throughout your walking tour, your guide will tell you stories about the circumstances around how the National Mall was built over the centuries - from Dolly Madison and Eliza Hamilton's efforts to build the Washington Monument to then 21-year old Maya Lin's design of the Vietnam Memorial.