Private Guided Tour of Two Smithsonian Museums
This tour is the ultimate All-American story of the Smithsonian Museums, taking you on visits to both the National Museum of American History and the Museum of Natural History.
- First, take a trip to the National Museum of American History
- See the artefacts underpinning American political landscape and undertones, with an emphasis on American women's history and Latino American's story in the country
- Following this, explore one of the world's largest collections of the natural world at the Museum of Natural History.
- Immerse yourself in highlights including the Hope Diamond donated by Harry Winston, a T-Rex fossil, and a short film depicting the history of mammals over 200 million years.
- Explore earth’s many ecosystems, including the Sant Ocean Hall, where you can see some of the smallest and largest animals in the oceans.
The National Museum of American History
First, venture through the National Museum of American History, where myriad American treasures are on display. From a flag flying during the Battle of Baltimore to photographs taken of Titanic survivors aboard the Carpathia, iconic America is yours to grab hold of - or at least see for yourself. Interested in a richer, more nuanced story of the country? Your guide will be able to take you through the museum focusing on segregation, on immunisation and medical advancement, or breakthroughs made by women in math, science, photography and textiles.
Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
Opened in 1910, the National Museum of Natural History is home to one of the largest global teams studying the natural and cultural history. Along with their world-class research facilities, the museum houses a mix of permanent and temporary exhibits, which explore the history of the natural world – from dinosaurs and mammals to volcanic rock, meteors, and rare gemstones. Your guide will take you through the museum’s must-see spots, but be sure to let them know if any of the exhibits are of particular interest, as they’ll be happily tailor the tour to suit your curiosity.
Your tour ends at the museum of natural history, where you will be able to continue exploring at your leisure.