What makes this tour special
Tucked neatly in the foothills of the Cascade Mountain Range is a Bavarian oasis. Central Washington is a geological wonder, where old-growth forests meet high-desert landscapes carved from the ice ages. And in the center of it all is the small town of Leavenworth. Here, German influence reigns supreme, with classic Bavarian architecture, wonderful gift shops, and authentic German pubs and eateries to sample.
On your private, day-long excursion and walking tour of Leavenworth, you will:
· Meet your guide at your Seattle hotel at 8AM to start your tour in a private vehicle.
· Drive east, with a 2-hour excursion through the gorgeous Cascade Mountains and National Forest.
· Arrive at the Bavarian town of Leavenworth, and learn the history of how it came to be.
· Enjoy lunch at a German restaurant, with such menu items as knackwurst, sauerkraut, and leberkäse, with several German beers on tap.
· Shop at a year-round Christmas store for the perfect gift, visit a nutcracker museum, and visit local markets for tastings such as olive oil and cheese.
· Go wine tasting at Obelisko or other comparable wine tasting room, and learn about the fertile wine-producing areas of Walla Walla and the Columbia River Valley.
Chat with the local wine makers, olive oil producers and cheese mongers who produce the delectable local flavors. Immerse yourself in Old World Bavaria with the jagged peaks of the Cascade Mountains as a backdrop. There will be plenty of time for meals throughout the day, with excellent recommendations. Wine tasting is included, but lunch and other meals are not included. The tour runs approximately 9 – 11 hours, depending on traffic. Return to Seattle around 7PM.
Please note: this tour is subject to cancellation due to inclement winter weather in the Cascade Mountains, which may close the pass.