Visit Olympic National Park on a Private Day Trip
As one of the most diverse ecosystems in the United States, Olympic National Park holds much for the outdoor enthusiast. On your private, full-day excursion to Olympic National Park, you will:
- Be picked up by your guide at 7:30 am pick-up from your hotel, and enjoy a ferry ride across Puget Sound, where breakfast will be provided for you.
- First, you will venture into one of the highlights of the park, Hurricane Ridge. Here you will ascend over 5,000 feet, enjoying panoramic views of the Olympic Mountain Range and several glaciers.
- Along the ridge, you will walk a few short loops around the area, depending on your ability and comfort, which you can discuss with your guide on the day of the tour.
- On a clear day, see across the Olympic Mountains into Canada.
- See active wildlife, like marmots, deer, birds of prey, and chipmunks.
- Visit Port Angeles, the gateway to the park, for lunch at one of its many locally owned restaurants, which you will pay for locally.
- Travel to Lake Crescent, a massive river-fed and snowmelt fed lake, surrounded by towering mountains in all directions.
- Enjoy an easy, scenic hike to Marymere Falls (a 2-mile out-and-back hike to the falls), one of the park’s top hikes.
- At the end of the hike, your guide will take you back to Seattle, via a ferry, and will have you back to the city around 7:30 PM.
Escape to one of America’s treasured national parks – the Olympic National Park, where snowcapped mountains are met with old-growth forests stretching down to sandy beaches. This UNESCO World Heritage Site is on a remote peninsula nestled along the Pacific Ocean, and its unique biosphere boasts jagged mountain peaks, gorgeous wildlife, and glaciers.
Your private excursion spans a full day, as you are guided around several of the park’s highlights. The entire tour consists of a few hikes, amounting to roughly 4.5 miles of easy to moderate hiking, each which can be decided based on your ability. After spending the morning on Hurricane Ridge, you will stop for lunch in Port Angeles, where your guide can recommend the best places to eat. In the afternoon, you’ll venture further into the park, exploring Lake Crescent and Marymere Falls.
For this tour, dress in layers, as the weather patterns can vary throughout the day. Hiking boots are recommended, though not required, and the hikes require minimal levels of fitness. Return to Seattle at approximately 7:30 pm.
Please note – access to different parts of the park are weather-dependent, and change with little notice, especially in winter. Should any part of the park not be accessible on the day of your tour, we will amend the itinerary as the park is massive and full of areas waiting to be explored.