Private Walking Tour of Seattle: Highlights of the Pacific Northwest
With stunning Puget Sound and Mt. Rainier as a backdrop, this private walking tour of Seattle offers so much more than the Pike Place Market and the Space Needle. On your private walking tour of Seattle, you will:
· Begin at Seattle’s Elliott Bay, where ferries run all day, with a stroll along its picturesque waterfront.
· Immerse yourself in the bustling Pike Place Market, where your guide will offer an orientation into its incredible food scene. Mix with the locals and enjoy a bite of whatever suits your fancy.
· Delight in the lower Queen Anne neighbourhood, with its impressive collection of historic homes.
· See glassblowers practicing their craft at Chihuly Gardens at the Seattle Center.
· Learn about the impact the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has on the community in Seattle, with a stroll around its public campus.
· Finish the tour at the iconic Space Needle, with admission to the famous World’s Fair landmark, with sweeping views of the entire city and the surrounding area at the top.
This three and a half hour tour of Seattle is a wonderful introduction to a beautiful Pacific Northwest city. The tour will cover both the iconic landmarks of the Space Needle and the 100 years’ old Pike Place Market, and delve deeper into the heart of what makes Seattle special.
Along with a glassblowing demonstration, your admission to Chihuly includes a stroll along the gardens to view the amazing displays of vibrantly-coloured glasswork nestled among the greenery. See the work of local artists who have achieved world-wide fame through lending their talents to Chihuly Gardens.
In the historically charming Queen Anne neighbourhood, you will get a wonderful view of downtown Seattle and the space needle, thanks to its elevated location. You will also get a deeper understanding of how companies like Microsoft and Amazon have propelled Seattle into the great city it is today. Your tour finishes at the base of the Space Needle, where your guide will lead you to the entrance with your tickets, before departing. Then, enjoy the observation deck, 520 feet above the city at your leisure.