Private Walking Tour of Seattle: Highlights of the Pacific Northwest
With stunning Puget Sound and Mt. Rainier as a backdrop, this private walking tour of Seattle offers so much more than the Pike Place Market and the Space Needle. On your private walking tour of Seattle, you will:
- Begin at Seattle’s Elliott Bay, where ferries run all day, with a stroll along its picturesque waterfront.
- Walk the pavements and bustling streets around Pike Market, where your guide will offer an orientation into its incredible food scene. Mix with the locals and enjoy a bite of whatever suits your fancy.
- Delight in the lower-Queen Anne neighbourhood, with its impressive collection of historic homes.
- Learn about the impact that the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has on the community in Seattle, with a stroll around its public campus.
- See glassblowers practising their craft at Chihuly Gardens at the Seattle Centre.
- Finish the tour at the iconic Space Needle, with admission to the famous World’s Fair landmark, with sweeping views of the entire city and the surrounding area at the top.
This tour of Seattle is a wonderful introduction to a beautiful Pacific Northwest city. The tour covers both the iconic landmarks of the Space Needle and the 100 years’ old Pike Place Market and delves into the heart of what makes Seattle special. In the historically charming Queen Anne neighbourhood, you will get a wonderful view of downtown Seattle and the space needle, thanks to its elevated location. You will also get a deeper understanding of how companies like Microsoft and Amazon have propelled Seattle into the great city it is today.
After approximately two hours, your guide will drop you off at the entrance to Chihuly Gardens with timed entrance tickets, where you will enjoy a self-guided tour of the amazing property. Along with a glassblowing demonstration, your admission to Chihuly includes a stroll along the gardens to view the amazing displays of vibrantly coloured glasswork nestled among the greenery. See the work of local artists who have achieved worldwide fame through lending their talents to Chihuly Gardens.
Your tour finishes at the base of the Space Needle, where your guide will lead you to the entrance with your tickets, before departing. Then, enjoy the observation deck, 520 feet above the city at your leisure.