Private Kayaking Tour of Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara’s history and way of life are tied to the Pacific Ocean, and there’s no better way to settle into beach life than by hopping right in. On your private kayaking trip of the harbor, you will:
- Receive introductory lessons for kayaking and safety – so don’t worry if this is your first time paddling at sea.
- Be provided all equipment from kayaks and paddles to life vests.
- Enjoy a 75-minute kayak tour in the Pacific!
- Paddle through the working harbor, amongst sleek sailboats and yachts.
- Venture out to a buoy to see California’s native wildlife – sea lions – basking.
- Paddle under historic Stearns Wharf – the town’s iconic wooden pier.
The beach communities which dot California’s Pacific coast are nostalgic, sleepy beach towns, where time seems to slow down. Enjoy this beach life on your private tour of the harbor, where the waters calm each morning and invite even the beginners to hop into a kayak and explore the pristine waters. Your guide will give you all the safety and training you need for this experience, and introduce you to the area’s native wildlife – from the obvious avian friends to the mysterious and beloved humpback whales, which migrate through the area twice a year.
Enjoy the serenity the ocean invites and learn the city’s fascinating history, which can be tracked back almost 13,000 years. Paddle under the state’s oldest working pier, constructed in the mid 19th century, and look for the starfish and oysters who have made themselves at home on the pier. Then enjoy an easy trip back to the boat launch, where your tour ends.