Private Walking Food Tour of the Mission District
Known today for its Latin culture and trendy lifestyle, the Mission District is where San Francisco began in the 18th century. On you private walking food tour of the neighborhood, you will:
- Begin in Mission Dolores Park, popular with locals, and learn about the origins of the city.
- See the Mission Saint Francis of Assisi, which is the oldest intact building in the city, dating back tot he Spanish era.
- Enjoy a piping hot empanada or a Salvadoran pupusa as your first indulgent bite of the tour.
- Walk around the Clarion Alley Mural Project - a public space dedicated to socially-engaged and innovative art, founded by a collective of resident artists.
- See one of San Francisco's largest and most well-known street art installations, MaestraPeace at the Women's Building.
- Visit artisanal Dandelion Chocolate, where you will indulge in a delectable brownie bite flight, made with single origin cacao beans.
- Rest your legs at a seated tasting at a taquería, where you will enjoy bites hand-picked by your local guide to give you the best exposure on local culinary delights.
- Your tour finishes at a local panadería, where you will learn about Mexican sweet breads and other bakery goods which keep the people of the Mission District satiated and happy.
Whether this is your first trip to San Francisco or you've lived in the city your whole life, this walking food tour has something for you to learn and enjoy. You will learn about the first peoples who were living in the area for two thousand years prior to Spanish colonization, and the way the 1906 earthquake literally shook the landscape of people who made their home in the Mission District. For the last century, the neighborhood has continued to evolve, and you will see the evidence of it in the architecture and street art - both of which continue to attract travelers and locals to it. Between four different tastings and the rich heritage of the Mission District, your knowledge of the neighborhood's history and local foodie hot spots will have you ready to relocate at the next possible chance.