What makes this tour special
With 266 days of golden sunshine a year, San Diego has bright skies and a mild climate benefit with gentle ocean breezes mitigating the heat. On your private driving tour of San Diego’s beaches,
- Enjoy the highlights along San Diego’s picturesque 70-mile coastline.
- See Coronado Island’s alabaster-white sands and haunted Del Coronado Hotel.
- Scenic Seaport Village boasts a century-old harbor and numerous seafood cafes.
- Marvel at the 68-acre Sunset Cliffs Natural Park’s mesmerizing panoramic ocean views.
- Enjoy the relaxed SoCal hippy vibe of Ocean Beach, where you can grab a quick bite amongst the locals (price not included in the tour).
- Watch the swells at Pacific Beach - or “PB” as it is known by the local surfer crowd.
- Visit La Jolla, dubbed ‘Paradise by the Sea’, and is home to a colony of sea lions and seals.
Stretching from Oceanside to the Mexican border and from the beach east into Anza-Borrego Desert State Park and the Cleveland National Forest, San Diego’s 70 miles of picturesque coastline boasts 33 gorgeous sandy beaches. Rugged bays and tide-pools teem with barnacles, crabs and sea urchins and are home to seals and sea lions while dolphins, whales and turtles can be spotted in open water. Each beach has its own distinct Southern California beach culture, from skaters on boardwalks to palm-hemmed secluded sands and laid-back hang-outs where surfers rule the waves. Your Private Tour of San Diego Coast and Beaches takes you straight to the finest coastal stretches to discover the heart and soul of the city where, literally, life's a beach.
The alabaster-white sands of Coronado Island, home to the haunted Hotel Del Coronado, boasts quintessential San Diego seaside allure, running along Ocean Boulevard and evoking the era of Mariyln Monroe, who famously filmed Some Like It Hot here in 1958. Next Seaport Village where a picturesque century-old harbor-side boasts numerous seafood bistros and waterfront cafes. Along the Point Loma Peninsula’s western shoreline, the 68-acre Sunset Cliffs Natural Park encompasses native coastal scrub, dramatic cliff formations, craggy caves, intertidal lagoons and mesmerizing panoramic ocean views.
Your tour continues on to Ocean Beach, with its laid-back rhythm. It has a vintage SoCal hippy vibe with surf shops, taco stands, microbreweries and dog-friendly sands. Here, you can enjoy a pit-stop at one of the many beachside eateries, or wait until you hit the crashing waves of the Pacific Beach. Serious surfers head to Pacific Beach - or “PB” as the locals call it - for an electric party atmosphere, glowing bonfires and excellent swells. Your final stop is La Jolla, a scenic stretch dubbed ‘Paradise by the Sea’ sheltered by a 300-ft rocky bluff that is home to seals, sea lions, numerous seabirds, lush beach flora and a wide sweep of soft honey-colored sand.
Please note: Your guide will be happy to drop you off at one of the last beaches on the tour, so feel free to bring your swimsuits and towels to soak up the glorious San Diego sun!