A Day in the Life: Urban Cheesemaker (on request only)
Where would the world be without cheese? It is the basis of so many of the world delicacies from swiss fondue to french cheese boards to the exquisite British cheese toastie. But, when we think of this wonderful gift of Mother Nature we rarely associate it with the hustle and bustle of a metropolitan city. However, hidden in the streets of London, lies one of Britain’s best-kept secrets, Wildes Cheese: The Urban Cheese Makers. Now, you would be wrong to think that Wildes cheese was set up purely for the novelty of being the first cheese micro-dairy in London. In fact, the cheese produced in this metropolitan factory is recognised as not only some of the finest in the UK but also internationally, receiving a bronze medal at the World Cheese Awards. This is why, if you are a cheese lover, then joining Touriocity for ‘A Day in the Life’ at Wildes Cheese is an absolute must!
Your Day with Us
- Come to the factory and begin your adventure into the world of cheese. Sit down and have a coffee/tea and meet the cheese expert you will be working with and what the plan is for your visit.
- Have a tour of the factory and see the processes that are required for making different types of cheese. Talk with people and learn more about the history and ethos of Wildes Cheese and cheese more generally.
- Learn about what cheese you will be making today, mozzarella, and then start making it with your cheese expert.
- Finish the process of making the cheese and put it away to set. Revisit the team in the factory and see how the cheese making process has developed throughout the day, whilst sipping a cup of tea of course!
- Sit down for a delightful meal in the factory and have some of the cheese that you have seen being made.
- Finish your day, receive your own signature cheese and bid farewell to the charismatic team at Wildes Cheese.
Why Join Us On An Original Experience
Joining Touriocity on an Original Experience will take you beyond sightseeing. Showing you something far more precious, the people behind London’s special culture. We guarantee that after this experience you will have a deeper understanding of the process behind cheese making and a unique and unforgettable experience of London culture.
Here at Touriocity we only work with top professionals who are both experts in their field and intriguing individuals who have lots of stories to share. That is why we have chosen to collaborate with Wildes Cheese in this experience. Not only do they make award winning cheese but they are also wonderful people and care deeply about making the best possible experience for the people visiting their factory. If you have a spare moment be sure to ask them about what it was like when the two-star Michelin chef Michelle Roux visited their factory.