A Day in the Life: Savile Row (On Request Only)
Experience an exclusive insight of 13 Savile Row, as you meet with the mastermind behind Stowers London, and receive a VIP tour of the tailors.
- Commence your experience at the iconic 13 Savile Row
- Meet Ray Stowers, the mastermind behind Stowers London.
- Enjoy a tour of the shop and browse some of the pieces they have constructed for different members of royalty, sportsmen and rock stars
- Experience the workshop and daily operations of Stowers, as you uncover the different processes involved in bespoke tailoring
- Learn how to take measurements and then cut out a template for your perfect suit
- Take home your very own souvenir from your experience of being a Bespoke Tailor on Savile Row
It was on Savile Row where Henry Poole, credited with inventing the modern Dinner-Jacket/Tuxedo, opened his first store. Ever since then it has become synonymous with the highest quality bespoke tailored suits, in fact the usage of the word bespoke in clothing is believed to originated from Savile Row. Nevertheless, despite its allure, this world of sophistication and suaveness has long been kept secret, only to be viewed through the shop window. This didn't sit right with us here at Travel Curious, so we have worked with tailors in order to curate you a behind-the-scenes and truly original experience of Savile Row.
This is when we met Ray Stowers and his workshop of skilled and passionate tailors. Ray’s group typify the quality and precision that is expected from Savile Row whilst also bringing their own charm and personal approach to the row. After over 30 years in the trade, there is nothing Ray doesn’t know about bespoke tailoring and it would be his pleasure to show you the process and even teach you the tricks behind the perfect wardrobe.