An Ultimate Fashion Experience (on request only)
London is internationally recognised as one of the world’s four fashion capitals, along with Paris, Milan and New York. However it was not always this way and unlike Paris or Milan, London does not have a long history of world-class fashion. Eddie, one of the people you would meet on this experience, says this is because London’s style does not come from the established fashion houses like Gucci or Louis Vuitton. Instead, the fashionable cutting edge comes from the independent designers in the backstreets of London. However, as a visitor to London, it is often hard to gain access to this side of fashion and people are only able to see London fashion through a shop window. Here at Touriocity, we want to change this, which is why we have teamed up with people from all across the fashion industry to bring you a truly immersive and exclusive view of the London fashion industry. You will have the chance to meet people from every stage of the fashion industry - a model, a fashion designer and a photographer - who will each give you their unique view on fashion and also tell you about where it is heading in the future. Working with all three of them in a creative and dynamic team you will be able to stage your own mini-shoot working with Eddie’s garments and modelled by your model/guide. Going one step further Jose will also pass you the camera to take a couple photos for yourself, to help you experience how images are constructed. By the end of day, you will know more about how fashion works and the creative figures behind the process, we hope that this will give you a new respect and ignite your love of fashion, something that you can carry with you for the rest of your time in London and beyond.
Your Day with Us
- Meet a professional model for a coffee in the fashionable Spitafields Market; they will be your guide for the day into the World of fashion. They will discuss how they view fashion and also about the plan for the day.
- Take a stroll around the different shops, from vintage stores to high-end boutiques, and learn about the history of fashion and London’s unique style.
- Arrive at a bespoke fashion designer’s studio and meet Eddie who has worked with fashion labels such as Alexander McQueen and Tom Ford. Hear about how he sees the fashions industry, the mania and excitement of fashion shows and see the latest pieces he is working on. There will even be a chance to use the model to try on some of the pieces that Eddie has made and discuss how the items work.
- During your discussion with Eddie you will be joined by Jose, a professional fashion photographer with years of experience in the industry. He will work with you, Eddie and the model to see, as a photographer, how he would bring the best out of the piece.
- Jose will take you and the model around the local area to find good spots to take photos and allow you to have a go and capturing the image yourself. This is sure to get your creative mind working and also show you the specific skills required to create a fashion image.
- Return the pieces back to Eddie and bid farewell to his team at the workshop. Then join Jose and your guide back to another local coffee shop to recap the day. If you have the time, Jose will quickly show go through your shots and his, as well as demonstrating how editing can transform an image into a piece of art.
- Say your goodbyes to your guide and Jose, who will no doubt email you your images as a memento to remember your fashion experience, and continue your day of exploring in the heart of London’s alternative fashion district.
Why Join Us On An Original Experience
Joining Travel Curious on an Original Experience will take you beyond sightseeing. Showing you something far more precious, the people behind London’s special culture. We guarantee that after this experience you will have a deeper understanding of the process behind the fashion industry and a unique and unforgettable experience of London culture. This experience has also been greatly received by people in the fashion industry, who are enthusiastic to show the public how fashion really works.
Who is your guide?
Here are Travel Curious we only work with top professionals who are both experts in their field and intriguing individuals who have lots of stories to share. That is why we are delighted to be teaming up with people from all over the fashion industry. Your model will be sourced by Anna, who runs her own modelling agency which prides itself on working with models who are more than just a pretty face. You will also meet Eddie Gavriilidis who has worked with the likes of Tom Ford and Alexander MeQueen as well as receiving a nomination for the Global Fashion Awards in New York. The final person you will meet is the insatiably passionate Jose who has worked with some of London’s top fashion institutions including the world renowned Harrods in Knightbridge.