Hackney Wick: London's Hidden World of Art
The majority of visitors to London only get to experience the art scene through its galleries. Here at Touriocity, we want to change this and allow you to observe and interact with the real London art scene. That is why we have set up our own art experience that takes you behind-the-scenes of one of London’s most contemporary, and secluded, art scenes. In East London’s Hackney Wick live a group of artists who have banded together to form a self-sustaining artistic community devoted to exploring and expanding their own creativity. There you will meet Kato, an artist working in the local area. He will be your insider to unlock some of the most elusive doors in London’s Art scene. The unique environment of Hackney Wick is one of London's untouched cultural gems and although gentrification and capitalism is coming, the area being tipped as London's hottest new place to be, we still have valuable time to appreciate its diversity and creativity.
Your Day with Us
- Meet Kato at Hackney Wick station. He will take you to one of Hackney’s artisan coffee shops for a chat about what the plan is for the day
- Begin your adventure by having a local tour of the area of Hackney Wick. Look out for some of the UK’s best Graffiti and Anish Kapoor’s ArcelorMittal Orbit slide at the Olympic park.
- Delve deeper into east London’s unique art scene. Kato will take you on a truly unique experience to see some of the best ‘off the beaten track’ galleries. After looking at the artwork, he will introduce you to the artists responsible for the collections as they guide you around their studio.
- After seeing East London’s unique art scene Kato will then take you one step further and take you to his own fully functioning studio. This is when you have a chance to get creative!
- Work with Kato on unlocking your own creativity and having fun exploring how art is made.
- Finish your experience of East London’s secret world of art. To carry on your day in style be sure to ask Kato for some of the best places to eat in the local area.
Here at Touriocity we only work with top professionals who are both experts in their field and intriguing individuals who have lots of stories to share. That is why we are delighted to be working with Kato. A local artist he knows all the secrets of the area and can take you to the hidden gems of Hackney Wick. Beyond his art endeavours, Kato also runs seminars on using meditation and mindfulness to unlock creativity, as well as being a fully qualified medical doctor. Finally, similar to us at Touriocity, Kato believes that deep down all humans are creative and looks forward to working with you on expressing and enjoying this creativity within yourself.
Why Take Part in an Original Experience
Joining Touriocity on an Original Experience will take you beyond sightseeing tours. Showing you something far more precious, the people behind London’s unique culture. We guarantee that after your time with Kato you will have a deeper understanding of Hackney Wick’s contemporary art scene and an unforgettable experience of London.