A Day in the Life: Diamond Aficionado (on request only)
There are few things more alluring to the eye than the shimmer and sparkle of a Diamond. So much so that numerous wars have been fought, fortunes have been spent and loves has been lost, or regained, all through the magic of diamonds. This has all meant that diamonds spend the majority of their time locked in safes or behind bulletproof glass. We have tried to overcome this and allow visitors to the UK to get up close and personal with diamonds and other gems. This is why we have curated an experience with a diamond expert at the world famous Hatton Gardens that will get you behind the scenes access to this sparkling industry. You will have the chance to peer inside where diamonds are traded, mounted onto rings and designed into bespoke jewellery. Moreover, you will have an experience that most could only dream of whilst visiting London.
Your Day with Us
- Come meet Graham Tom, the fourth generation of Diamond Expert in his family, in one of the meeting rooms at the world famous Diamond Bourse in Hatton Gardens.
- Receive a master-class in all things Diamonds. See the latest gems and diamonds that Graham is working with and what his plans are for turning them into the highest quality of bespoke jewellery. Also, have a chance to see the equipment that is used by master jewellers and the level of precision required.
- Finish your master-class and leave the bourse to travel across the road with Graham to his most trusted diamond setter, see and understand the craftsmanship required in this process.
- Move to your last step of the experience, Graham's Workshop, where the jewellery is built and polished for the customers, it will be a sparkling finish to your unique experience of Hatton Garden’s diamond world.
- Bid farewell to Graham and his team at the workshop, then to carry your day on in style, ask for some tips of the top places to eat in the local area; 30 years in Hatton Garden’s means Graham will have one or two suggestions...
We only work with top professionals who are both experts in their field and intriguing individuals who have lots of stories to share. That is why we are delighted to be working with Graham Tom. Not only is Graham the fourth generation of Diamond Expert in his family with over 30 years of experience, he also has a wealth of experience teaching people about diamonds and even working as an expert witness in diamond forgery cases. Full of stories and perennially honest, your day with Graham will be as fun as it is fascinating.
Why Join us on an Original Experience?
Joining an Original Experience will take you beyond sightseeing tours or visiting museums. Showing you something far more precious, the people behind London’s unique culture. We guarantee that after your time with Graham you will have a deeper understanding of London’s Diamond Market and an unforgettable experience of London.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION; We have worked with Hatton Gardens to grant you exclusive access to the behind-the-scenes operations of the London Diamond industry. However, seeing this wonderful and largely secretive world also requires a level of precaution. This is why for your safety and theirs we ask that if you want to take part on this tour we will need you to bring along a copy of your passport or valid UK driver's licence. Also, when in the Diamond Bourse, photography will not be allowed, however, photos will be possible at the diamond setters and workshop.