A Day in the Life; Cigar Aficionado (On request only)
Come to J.J. Fox on St James’s Street, an institution in the London cigar trade for over two centuries. Meet one of their team of cigar aficionados who will be your guide for the day.
- Commence your experience with a master - from uncovering their latest stock to determining whether a cigar is of high quality
- Sit back and smoke a cigar that your cigar aficionado has hand-picked to suit your palette
- Take in the atmosphere in J.J. Fox’s smoking lounges
- Discover artefacts from their 225 years in cigars, from postcards from Winston Churchill to one of the oldest boxes of cigars in the world
- Take a seat in Winston Churchill’s favourite chair
There is nothing that personifies a London gentleman more than sitting back in a leather armchair and smoking a cigar. James Bond loved them, Winston Churchill lived off them, and we are sure you enjoy them too. Cigar smoking is a culture and a luxury. To have an authentic cigar experience you need to immerse yourself into that world, both mentally and physically.
J.J. Fox is an institution in the London cigar trade. With a history spanning over two hundred years, making it the oldest cigar merchant in the entire world. With clientele from Winston Churchill and Oscar Wilde to Her Royal Highness the Queen Victoria, we are certain J.J. Fox will be able to satisfy your interest in all things cigars.
During your experience you will be paired with one of their cigar aficionados, who have all been awarded the prestigious Master of Havana qualification, which less than twenty people in the UK have obtained. Working with your aficionado you will learn about cigars, while they also show you their current stock and personal favourites. After, your aficionado will hand pick you one of their top-quality cigars to perfectly suit your preference.
After purchasing the cigar you will then have an opportunity to retire to one of J.J. Fox’s smoking lounges. Surrounded by memorabilia and documents from J.J. Fox’s centuries in the cigar trade, this will be your chance to sit back, relax and enjoy your own perfect cigar. With a drink and a chance to sit in Winston Churchill’s favourite chair, this will undoubtedly be a highlight on your time in London and an experience to cherish for many years to come.