A Day in the Life: Perfume Aficionado (on request only)
Nothing can quite whisk you away into a place of joy and serenity like the smell of a heavenly perfume. However, sometimes with the overloading number of brands out there, it can become difficult to differentiate and choose which perfume is for you. We think no one knows you better than yourself, so that is why we are giving you the chance to make your own perfume. Working with a niche independent perfumery in Covent Garden you will have a chance to sample different industry grade perfume bases blended in Grasse (the capital of perfume making) and then combine these scents to make a professional quality perfume as unique as yourself. Whilst becoming a perfumer, you will also learn the theory and science behind perfumes and allow you to sample her favourite scents from all over the world.
Your Day with Us
- Arrive at Bloom Perfumes, a London perfumery that specialises in stocking the best independent, niche, perfumes from across the Globe. Meet an olfactory expert whose passion for perfume is contagious.
- See and sample the sort of products that Bloom Perfumes stocks while also learning about how perfumes can be separated into different aromas.
- After learning about the different smells have a chance to blend your very own perfume. Your guide a will walk you through the process and give you tips on how to combine smells, however, if her 7 year-old daughter can do it we are sure you can manage.
- Once your concoction is completed, bottle it up, think of a name and give it a spray. Importantly remember to write down your formula!
- Now that you are officially a perfume aficionado, you can bid farewell to the team at Bloom Perfumes and then either waft around central London for the rest of the day, or, if you are feeling particularly proud and spontaneous, take the Eurostar to Paris and show it off to the most particular noses in Europe.
Why Join Us On An Original Experience
Our Original Experience will take you beyond sightseeing. Showing you something far more precious, the people behind London’s special culture. We guarantee that after this experience you will have a deeper understanding of the process behind perfume making and a unique and unforgettable experience of London culture.
Who is your guide?
We work with top professionals who are both experts in their field and intriguing individuals who have lots of stories to share. That is why we have chosen to collaborate with the mastermind behind Bloom Perfumes. Passionate about perfumes she brings together different smells from all over the world to her shop in Covent Garden.