Helford River Private Kayaking Tour
Get out in glorious nature in the far southwestern region of the U.K. that is Cornwall. Kayaking in the calm waters of the Helford River that runs almost parallel to Cornwall’s eastern coast, you will learn how to best navigate your kayak for the optimal river experience. The river is located in a large estuary that nestles itself snugly between the western edge of Falmouth Bay and the eastern side of The Lizard Peninsula. It is popular for its scenic beauty and marine ecology.
During your private, 2-hour kayaking excursion:
- You will be met by your guide at the private beach of the Budock Vean Hotel for the start of your kayaking adventure.
- A complete safety brief will prepare you for a wonderful and safe kayaking journey.
- Your guide will highlight all of the interesting aspects of the trip as you paddle your way down stream.
- Learn the history, geology and rich heritage of this area of Cornwall.
- There will even be the occasional celebrity house sighting!
- Before or after your tour, be sure to walk through the hotel and enjoy a light lunch served between 12-2pm or cream tea served between 3-5pm daily.
Not only will you have fun, you will get an education! In the autumn months, the trip is especially gorgeous, as the river and creeks are lined with ancient oak trees that explode into a blaze of colour. Up to 6 people plus your guide will float in tandem kayaks along the serene waters. Your relaxing kayaking excursion takes you through an area of outstanding beauty, with an abundance of wildlife along the banks and in the water.
Departure times for your private kayaking trip will vary and be dictated by the tides. Your private kayaking tour includes the hire of kayaks, wetsuits, paddles and buoyancy aids. While this adventure involves a bit of exercise, it is suitable for people of all abilities.
Please note: Times may vary due to tide times and sea conditions, so please be flexible with timings for your day. Additionally, children must be over the age of 5 to participate.