Early Bird & Group Tour: Secrets of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St Peter's
On this tour of the home of the Catholic Church, you will have the opportunity to visit the important landmarks with major significance to Catholics. Hear about the tumultuous history of the Church and the colourful popes who reside behind these sturdy walls.
- Explore the Vatican Museums - home to some of the most renowned classical sculptures and masterpieces from the Renaissance.
- Enjoy a stroll through the impressive Belvedere Courtyard.
- Marvel at some of the finest pieces of artwork at the Gallery of Tapestries and the Gallery of Maps.
- Learn the history behind the impressive collection of sculptures, carvings, frescoes and paintings.
- Skip-the-line and be mesmerized by Michelangelo’s two great frescoes at the Sistine Chapel – The Creation and the Last Judgement.
- Immerse yourself in the hidden gems of the museums, exploring rooms which are closed to the public at all times. This includes the Room of the Animals, Gallery of Statues, and the Cabinet of Masks.
- Step foot in the largest and most important Catholic Church in the world – St. Peter’s Basilica.
Vatican City is considered the centre of the Roman Catholic Church and is undoubtedly one of the most historically and culturally-rich cities in the world. As the world’s smallest independent state, situated in the centre of Rome, Vatican City is home to the Swiss Guards – tasked with protecting the Pope; St. Peter’s Basilica – the centre of the Catholic world; St. Peter’s Square – a large plaza situated in front of St. Peter’s Basilica; Sistine Chapel – the official residence of the Pope; and Vatican Museums – home to paintings and sculptures collected by the Popes for hundreds of years.
Your comprehensive tour of Vatican Museums will whisk you through the entire complex. Begin with a stroll through the impressive Belvedere Courtyard, before exploring the many rooms and galleries of the museums. Explore the Gallery of Tapestries, the Gallery of Maps, and be mesmerised by Michelangelo’s great frescoes inside the Sistine Chapel. This VIP-style tour will also give travellers access to the hidden gems and secret rooms of the museum, which aren't typically open for public viewing. You will have exclusive access to the Room of the Animals, Gallery of Statues, and the Cabinet of the Masks.