Appian Way and Aqueducts Private Golf Cart Tour
This tour will whisk you away to the cobbled lanes and idyllic fields of the Italian countryside.
- Escape the crowds of central Rome to the cobbled lanes and idyllic fields of the Italian countryside.
- Follow the iconic Appian Way - the immaculately preserved ‘Roman Queen of Roads’
- Venture off the beaten track to discover ruins, relics and curiosities hidden from the eye.
- Follow a trail of Rome’s beautiful Roman aqueducts - the city’s lesser known treasures.
- Visit the ancient Baths of Caracalla and stop off at the tomb of Cecilia Metella.
- Take centre stage and go at your own pace with your guide.
- Combine the intimacy of a walking tour with the comfort of a driving tour
Hop on a golf cart with your own expert guide and embark on an adventure across the less travelled side of beautiful Rome - the majestic Appian Way. At one time the most important road in the Roman Empire, immaculately preserved, it rolls from Central Rome to the beautiful hills and fields of the neighbouring countryside (and eventually all of the way to the City of Brindisi). Sided by sleepy churches, farmhouses and crumbling Roman ruins, it is a truly magical picturesque route.
Stumble upon an ancient catacomb, and discover the city’s remaining network of aqueducts. Once the pride of Roman engineering, these wonders transported water over long distances to towns and cities, providing the means to construct complex sewage and irrigation systems as well as baths, amongst other things. After stopping for refreshment and lunch at one of the top eateries in the local idyllic setting, leisurely return to Rome. A day not to be missed!
We created this tour because it allows visitors to see a different part of Rome, away from bustling crowds and offering the chance for you to unwind.